Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

Personalized domain name

Go down 
+7
techno_kid
Comfort
Geromix
Cugix
Arch_Vile
mightybean
Char561
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What should be domain name of AoF?
www.aofgaming.org
Personalized domain name - Page 3 I_vote_lcap44%Personalized domain name - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
www.aofgamers.org
Personalized domain name - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%Personalized domain name - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
www.aof-hq.org
Personalized domain name - Page 3 I_vote_lcap22%Personalized domain name - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
www.aofclan.org
Personalized domain name - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Personalized domain name - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
www.aofgc.org
Personalized domain name - Page 3 I_vote_lcap22%Personalized domain name - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
www.aof-forums.org
Personalized domain name - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Personalized domain name - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Cugix
Admin
Admin
Cugix

Male
Number of posts : 453
AoF Organisation Role : |AoF Executive Chairman & GC Rep||SWTOR Branch Leader/Founder|
Registration date : 2008-08-08
Phoenix Grace : 6211

Personalized domain name - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:16 am

ok...
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-04-07
Phoenix Grace : 5609

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:54 am

It's an online open source forum at it's best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.designaweb.us
Cugix
Admin
Admin
Cugix

Male
Number of posts : 453
AoF Organisation Role : |AoF Executive Chairman & GC Rep||SWTOR Branch Leader/Founder|
Registration date : 2008-08-08
Phoenix Grace : 6211

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:08 am

again: ok...
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:23 am

haha lol. can we get a list of some themes to vote on then?
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6801

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:12 am

All this is fine but this is pointless till there is agreement from donors side.

So far char561 and Kevlar haven't responded here yet so till then this obviously won't go ahead.

Please there is no use PMing me with a list of inactive members,i already know this,u will have to get support from listed donors.

I have already said yes,but donors have to say yes.They are the ones who need to be PMed.

Also mightybean hasn't been helped in his problem,i urge somebody to help him out,he has the money but needs a way to send it.

This won't work till there is money and that too from every possible donor.
Back to top Go down
https://aof-association.forumotion.com
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male
Number of posts : 780
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Executive - Administrative Director
Registration date : 2007-12-15
Phoenix Grace : 6417

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 6:42 am

I got 2 ideas. Firstly why dont u send out a email to the 300 registered users. Secondly the person whos gonna be the 'buyer' should come up with the methods he wants the money received by. maybe through post to someone that does have Paypal...
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:23 am

the users have already been emailed and of course we do need someone to setup and account with paypal. Maybe just setup an account to receive donations and then pay for it through there. Then anyone who can donate throughout another year can do so via a quick link on the site?
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 10:26 am

Well if we got the site id certainly recommend a full time donation option for anything we can get for the continued running anyway not just for this situation.
Back to top Go down
Arch_Vile
Admin
Admin
Arch_Vile

Male
Number of posts : 906
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Ikariam Kappa, Leader/Home Secretary
Phoenix Grace : 6433

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:20 am

well if u guys wants it and have decided wat to get coz they all looks good thos i think i seen phpBB forum before i think Holy guild of GW has it i think...and we got some experts here who can do their magic to turn the forum into some masterpiece.

i'll donate but only thing is i do not know how...i hear singapore has a paypal tho.
Back to top Go down
Char561
AoF Friend
AoF Friend
Char561

Male
Number of posts : 511
AoF Organisation Role : AoF X-Wing Founder/President, AoF Tribal Wars Duke, AoF Forum Admin
Registration date : 2008-05-14
Phoenix Grace : 6292

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 4:29 pm

I have a paypal acct and am willing to be the owner of the site. Let's see how much support we have cause I don't particularly want to pay for it all myself.
Back to top Go down
mightybean
mightybean

Male
Number of posts : 103
AoF Organisation Role : [AoF][X] Wing Leader
Registration date : 2008-10-10
Phoenix Grace : 5834

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 5:11 pm

mightybean wrote:
I am happy to contribute to anything we decide to do, but I am having real issues finding a way of donating. I am in New Zealand and I currenly don't have a credit card. Ideas?

Anybody?
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/mightybean/
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 12:22 am

If char would be owner,i would certainly ask him to help out mightybean here.

On setting up paypal account for the site,we would need donations from as many guys possible and therefore mightybean's help is needed.

Even if he isn't able to donate through Paypal,other ways can certainly be explored and char should be assigned the role and responsibility to receive donations through various means,co-ordinate them and look after the general finances for the site.

I think Kevlar can donate through Paypal.

@Kevlar-Can u give a link to that Guild Wars alliance forums?
I want to take a look at it,u should also ask them for their opinions regarding forum software etc.

Also jack_untune needs to be contacted and his opinion is needed here. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 1:40 am

What about postal services if the buyer wants to give his address to donaters through pm?
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male
Number of posts : 895
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 6379

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:05 am

DarkGhost wrote:
What about postal services if the buyer wants to give his address to donaters through pm?

As in just send the money through the post? Well suppose you could but that would cost more i would think. Paypal always seemed the firm choice in these cases so i would try and use it if all the donors can.
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:06 am

It requires a creditcard & mightybean dont have one if i understand correctly. i think that rules out nearly all methods of online paying without a creditcard.

As for fees. ur talking like a stamp as the price. not sure how much that is actually.
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:14 am

Am quite sure it would be more than a stamp if your sending it across different countries, well i would think it would occur some sort of delivery charge. Like if i sent a letter to China i would think it would cost more. But then again maybe the postal service is not as scabby as i thought they are.
Am not sure about this, the royal mail only services the UK right? So you would use another post company like those guys who drive around in the cool American type post vans with all the yellow colour, DHL or something i think they are called.
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:17 am

last time i checked i bought a stamp. put it on a envolope. throw the envolope into a box and it magiclly appears at the place its addressed to.
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:40 am

That is the idea basically,post it through the old fashioned way.
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:08 am

Regarding themes for SMF,i had to dig this up-

"But you see, you are acting as a 'support' person, where things go wrong and you are called to respond. That defines your world. Now, someone in Marketing - they who have to sell the product, they take a different view of the same issues, that's why there is this synergy in a company or team, where the different groups see the light in areas that is simply darkness to another person.

As a "support person", your rubric will be for a theme
"does it install"
"can I perform the basic SMF functions: register, login,post,read?"

Yes!->Theme OK Smile

As a forum administrator: I am going to need all that AND - compatibility with mods, no errors generated in error log, etc.

As a forum OWNER - My concerns with a prospective theme are the following:
Can I quickly and easily modify it to put my own personal branding/identity on it?
(Obviously I want to not look just like a 1000 other forums, right?)
If I already have an existing site, would it be easy to integrate it with my current site (ditto for current mods etc)
If I have special needs users - will this theme work for them?

Example, If the theme has customization options (selectable colors/font size) that would be a good thing.
If the theme required Flash or Java and wouldnt work without them, that would be a bad thing"

As u can see there certain concerns expressed by this individual which needs to be addressed.

I would certainly say i am more inclined towards SMF now.

Regarding donors,3 is minimum which is why mightybean's support is greatly needed.
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:13 am

DarkGhost wrote:
last time i checked i bought a stamp. put it on a envolope. throw the envolope into a box and it magiclly appears at the place its addressed to.

ok i just thought it would cost more if you was sending it to another country or something. Am also not sure how much stamps are but am sure it ain't a lot.
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:21 am

There are some great SMF themes here,though very few work for version 1.1.8.

Good category to search for themes.Fantasy and futuristic ones.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=search;type[]=8;start=0
Back to top Go down
Arch_Vile
Admin
Admin
Arch_Vile

Male
Number of posts : 906
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Ikariam Kappa, Leader/Home Secretary
Phoenix Grace : 6433

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 8:37 am

www.holystaralliance.home.comcast.net
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:03 am

ur link dont work for me Kevler sorry man.

As a theme i also like this 1... Here
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:37 am

i've got to say i spend an aweful lot of time browsing the internet (i get notice when anyone purchases a new domain name (special me:) )) and i've never seen the same theme twice
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:39 am

what exaclly does that mean Techno? lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Personalized domain name
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next