Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

Personalized domain name

Go down 
+7
techno_kid
Comfort
Geromix
Cugix
Arch_Vile
mightybean
Char561
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What should be domain name of AoF?
www.aofgaming.org
Personalized domain name - Page 6 I_vote_lcap44%Personalized domain name - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
www.aofgamers.org
Personalized domain name - Page 6 I_vote_lcap11%Personalized domain name - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
www.aof-hq.org
Personalized domain name - Page 6 I_vote_lcap22%Personalized domain name - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
www.aofclan.org
Personalized domain name - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Personalized domain name - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
www.aofgc.org
Personalized domain name - Page 6 I_vote_lcap22%Personalized domain name - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
www.aof-forums.org
Personalized domain name - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Personalized domain name - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-04-07
Phoenix Grace : 5580

Personalized domain name - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 1:07 am

Ok if that's what you think. I'll check the pm later and get back to you and I'll think about deadlines etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.designaweb.us
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male
Number of posts : 895
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 6350

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:48 am

I agree here as well, the idea for the recruitment form also sounds good.

With good planning this all should go quite well Smile
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:06 pm

also guys!!! good news!!! i've cut costs etc!!!! £1 a month!!!! and even better, you get unlimited everything!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Char561
AoF Friend
AoF Friend
Char561

Male
Number of posts : 511
AoF Organisation Role : AoF X-Wing Founder/President, AoF Tribal Wars Duke, AoF Forum Admin
Registration date : 2008-05-14
Phoenix Grace : 6263

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:17 pm

That is indeed good news.
Back to top Go down
Char561
AoF Friend
AoF Friend
Char561

Male
AoF Organisation Role : AoF X-Wing Founder/President, AoF Tribal Wars Duke, AoF Forum Admin

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:19 pm

When you say unlimited everything what does that mean?

Do we get unlimited FTP accounts and unlimited MySQL databases cause if we did that would be awesome but would cost alot more then 1/month
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:24 pm

nope its as awesome as you think!!! £1 a month for unlimited everything.

there's just one problem, the server is at home with a dynamic IP (for those who understand) so from time to time the pc has to reconfigure which means that once a month it will be down for upto 2minutes. this is only a monthly occurance though
Back to top Go down
Char561
AoF Friend
AoF Friend
Char561

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:32 pm

That could potentially make it pretty slow when there is high traffic. How large is the server and how fast is your internet speed (Upload and Download)? From my experience with servers hosted from a home, they get really slow and tend to crash when there is alot going on. Also, uploading stuff to the server would be alot slower then if it were a professionally hosted server.
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:49 pm

well of course its up to you and my home option is cheaper and i can manage it easily. the speed are more than capable of transfering a page in less than 2 seconds with many users and the only thing you should be worried about is if i have a powercut.
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:51 pm

techno_kid wrote:
also guys!!! good news!!! i've cut costs etc!!!! £1 a month!!!! and even better, you get unlimited everything!!!!!

Well that sounds awsome! Very Happy

Char561 wrote:
That could potentially make it pretty slow when there is high traffic. How large is the server and how fast is your internet speed (Upload and Download)? From my experience with servers hosted from a home, they get really slow and tend to crash when there is alot going on. Also, uploading stuff to the server would be alot slower then if it were a professionally hosted server.

Yeah sounds a bit of a downer, hope it ain't how you think it could be.

Also I don't think a dynamic IP would be bad unless it does get real slow with high traffic. I don't think 2 minutes down time per month would be much of a concern.

*EDIT*

Ok noticed new post Rolling Eyes

So the speed will be capable to handle high traffic on the site etc yeah? I hate waiting for pages to load >_<
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male
Number of posts : 780
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Executive - Administrative Director
Registration date : 2007-12-15
Phoenix Grace : 6388

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:15 pm

Ok so all thats sorted but ive noticed something lately. Im afraid i dont want to be part of an ALC or an ACC if they dont push the community forward, instead put up walls to stop it.

Words such as. "Our members dont", "We dont have enough of", "people don't socialize here" and deres bound to be more. They are all walls. Instead of seeing and coming up with ways to conquer problems all ur doing is saying look our members now dont do this so theirs no point. That stops progress and i want to be in a position were i cant think to myself, this is what we can do is at the end of the day if we do it this is what we are going to acheive.

If u keep looking at what u have and not what u can have where will we be in a year?

apologys if this is off topic but if we arnt acting as one leadership body with one clear aim of what we want to acheive then their aint no point continuing if progress is blocked by someones lack of faith that anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:29 pm

Am kinda tired so i'll just say this... is this whole thread not about planning for what we can have in the future and making steps towards it? I underline planning as we are planning and debating, things are starting to go into motion now it seems, just be patient.

We are continuing... we are just doing things slow and carefully as am sure we don't want to make mistakes. Ok not a lot of practical things have been done yet but plenty of talk has been going on and i know that Geromix is making arangements to get the donations so we get this domain name then we can move onto the next thing which i believe will be getting the new site.

And dang i wrote more than i planned for.... i go sleep now Neutral
Back to top Go down
Char561
AoF Friend
AoF Friend
Char561

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Ghosty, noone is moving us backward or "putting up walls". We are trying to make sure that the main purpose of our FORUMS is the actual FORUM. we can have some sort of social networking aspect but the site that techno proposed has way too much of the extras and not enough forum. We are looking down the road and the good thing about us having our own site is that we can have subdomains for the purpose of social networking if we so choose. we can also add stuff later when we feel that we need it. noone is trying to halt progress here, we are just saying that until we have a good site with good forums and all of the other nessicities we should hold off on all of the extras.

Also, noone is forcing you to be a member of the ALC or the ACC. You can leave at any time you would like so please do not threaten to leave as noone really cares.

-Char561
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male
Number of posts : 780
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Executive - Administrative Director
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:25 am

Well ur right about the no one really cares. unfortunately even after the post u dont seem to grasp the point i was making refrence to how negative u people have been about ur own whatever it is clan or association.

cheers for the opinions they have been most helpful & good luck with the site.
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:36 am

What do you mean we don't care you idiots. I thought we wanted more users not that we don't care!!
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male
Number of posts : 1158
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 4:50 am

DarkGhost is really starting to make it painfully obvious why he's afraid to log on with any known characters on the Void Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6772

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 8:30 am

Darkghost,relax and take a deep breath.

You are a good leader of AoF and i don't want to lose you,i do care and many others do care.Don't take remarks personally and i advise others to be more subtle if they are to make points.
Personal attacks should be avoided,just a general advice for everybody.

We are leaders here but most of all we are friends here,lets value friendship more.Shall we?

Some of your points have merit and u are right in many ways.We are being 'realists' and therefore there is some difference with you since you are looking at things with an ''idealist' point of view.

We should try to have a good mixture of both points of view,usually i am an idealist but in this case i was sticking with some facts.

So as mentioned earlier we will incorporate your views,and mix it with other people's point of view to get the 'perfect plan'.

1)Recruitment- as mentioned earlier we will have forms,but we will also retain the recruitment forums.Branch leaders will be responsible for recruitment,accept recruitment and getting things done.

2)Mentoring-There will be mentoring,but mainly of potential leaders.This already happens in almost all the branches.
We just to need to make it more better and get a better framework for it.

3)Social networking-
First priority is forums.But there will be extra features for social networking,i suppose that can be done and will be done.

So listen to my guys,all points with merit will be considered.
Smile

Let us follow Buddha's Golden path-Taking the middle way or path. Very Happy

-Geromix
Back to top Go down
https://aof-association.forumotion.com
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:08 am

right guys, for now you should be able to see a default SMF installation at http://92.21.140.8/AoF/ if one of the admins can pm me for admin details i will be happy to provide them
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:11 am

cancel that need to make some changes
will tell u wen its been made better
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:17 am

can someone tell me if the images at http://92.21.140.8/AoF/ are working?
Back to top Go down
Arch_Vile
Admin
Admin
Arch_Vile

Male
Number of posts : 906
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Ikariam Kappa, Leader/Home Secretary
Phoenix Grace : 6404

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:33 am

well my fren i think the images are not working tho, all i see is text man...anywho great job.
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:41 am

how bout now? does the same link ( http://91.21.140.8/AoF/ ) show images properly? like the default blue nav bar
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:30 am

techno_kid wrote:
how bout now? does the same link ( http://91.21.140.8/AoF/ ) show images properly? like the default blue nav bar

For me the page loads but all i see is white....
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:22 am

ah, right guys, the price is unfortuantely back to as it was before. terms in my internet contract don't let me host from home
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Phoenix Grace : 6772

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:32 pm

Just get this going.

Where to donate?

To whom to donate?

When to donate?
Back to top Go down
https://aof-association.forumotion.com
Char561
AoF Friend
AoF Friend
Char561

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:34 pm

i can set up a paypal thing that sends it to an account I'll create for us. i will stick a donate button on the portal if you agree to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Personalized domain name
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next