Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

Recruitment Block

Go down 
+2
Comfort
DarkGhost
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male
Number of posts : 780
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Executive - Administrative Director
Registration date : 2007-12-15
Phoenix Grace : 6419

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 10:50 am

Ok the portal has abit of space on the left hand side and i was wondering if its possible to get a recruitment Block with veiws of AoF leaders on areas of AoF and the mission statement of the Department on a link kinda like a click and then a pop up thing with information written by the heads of [A] wing , [T] Wing, [X] Wing, Ogame Branch, Ikarium Branch and AoF leadership.

prefably each having their own click to go to thing.

possible? ( if you dont get it ill try and explain it in an easyeir way.)
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male
Number of posts : 1158
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 10:06 pm

I think I get you.... do you mean information about that Wing or the Leaders? Or maybe both? In any case, sounds like an idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Char561
AoF Friend
AoF Friend
Char561

Male
Number of posts : 511
AoF Organisation Role : AoF X-Wing Founder/President, AoF Tribal Wars Duke, AoF Forum Admin
Registration date : 2008-05-14
Phoenix Grace : 6294

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:41 am

I'm not exactly sure what you want but it sounds like a popup link that pulls up a page about any givin branch on the portal with info about the branch/wing and the leaders?
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6803

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 3:06 am

Interesting but i would need more info on this.Some more elaborate.
Back to top Go down
https://aof-association.forumotion.com
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 9:01 am

Char561 wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what you want but it sounds like a popup link that pulls up a page about any givin branch on the portal with info about the branch/wing and the leaders?

Yeah thats what i mean, personal recruitment article based to the public written by the heads of every branch or wing. some more spicific info on each branch , maybe if possible afew extra portal pages 1 for every branch we have kinda thing. somethign that seperates the branches and gives players more of a notice on the portal and help to choose which 1 seems good to them.

i could write an example of a recruitment article for 1 of the branchs to show u what i mean if u wish.
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 4:22 am

It is difficult to have a separate portal page for each branch mainly because somebody would have to know a lot of HTML Coding for that.

Atm,nobody here knows.

Writing is the article is no problem and rudimentary block can be made,but having a separate pages is kind of tough.

But in long run we might have to do so.
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 8:42 am

was talking to HH in school today and he knows what i mean and said it can be done but alot of work.
Back to top Go down
Char561
AoF Friend
AoF Friend
Char561

Male
AoF Organisation Role : AoF X-Wing Founder/President, AoF Tribal Wars Duke, AoF Forum Admin

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:55 pm

It wouldnt actually be that much work for anyone with programming skills. I am pretty good with programing and writing code but it would take me somewhere around 3 hours that i dont currently have to do. Once all of my university finals are over I can probably do this if I get Geromix's approval to do so if someone hasnt already done it. If HH wants to write the code for it I can use my admin powers to put it on the portal block if you'd like as well.
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 11:31 pm

Go ahead,if u guys want to do it,create a common portal page and separate pages for each alliance.

If HH wants to do it then i will just make him an Admin again.
Or we can wait for Char's exams to get over.
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 8:58 am

since offically most of are alliances are browser based now we need to consider updating our site more and more with cool stuff as it is now the front of how good we look to the world of gamers. in Void if u got members there and are good u have power and even if u got a crap site ur looked on as a good clan but with browser based games i think a good site is needed for a good community.

Ghosty
Back to top Go down
Sangheili
Admin
Admin
Sangheili

Male
Number of posts : 658
AoF Organisation Role : Ancient Observer
Registration date : 2008-01-04
Phoenix Grace : 6232

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 10:55 am

yeah, most people judge a book by its cover, and our cover is slightly worn out, we need a new, flashy cover, and i need to stop speaking like that, lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.theplague.freeforums.org
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 11:12 am

not being rude or anything to the site we have. its 1 of the most impressive ive seen as a free forum.
Back to top Go down
Sangheili
Admin
Admin
Sangheili

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 3:20 pm

yup, it is awesome considering its free, but we can make it awesomer, more animation, maybe change the colour schme(yellow words are gettin boring)

anyways, earlier u offered an example m8??? well, lemme see it, im still confused a bit on this issue
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:36 am

Here this is what i have in mind,this is [n*o] clan's website(they play in both Ogame and Freelancer and they split up their website in a way,bear in mind its not a free site,a lot of features in that are not available in this website)=

http://www.neworderclan.net/

They have this common Portal from which u can choose which game u want to go to.

We too can create many HTML pages-16 overall,currently we are using 1.

So we could have 5 pages,4 for each game and 1 common Portal like n*o did.

But the forum index cant be split,we will have to provide different links for each forum category of a game in Portal page of each game.This would allow customization of portal for each game.

But for all this we need somebody who can write such codes.Sad

Somebody from n*o clan did this for them and i remember it when they announced their forum revamp.The idea to spread AoF to Ogame i borrowed from them after all i could have chosen any other game.
Razz

Anyway we need to see if this can be done...
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 4:53 am

***BUMP***
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 5:11 am

I NEED UR VIEWS ON WHAT I POSTED ABOVE!!
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 6:31 am

i like it. i think anything that give our site a jolt but it will have to look right with some serious and cool graphics aswell.
Back to top Go down
Char561
AoF Friend
AoF Friend
Char561

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 1:04 pm

I could do that but I also currently do not have near enough time to do what that would require. If we could recruit someone with said skills and make them an admin right away they could probably do that.
Back to top Go down
Sangheili
Admin
Admin
Sangheili

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 4:25 pm

well, if u can, its cool, and it doesnt need to be done all at once, how long would it take if you worked about 10 minutes a day??
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Yeah, it would be much more aesthetically pleasing to have 4 pages for our 4 branches, rather than have it al crammed into one. I say, try not to go insane while coding it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Char561
AoF Friend
AoF Friend
Char561

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:57 pm

well 10 minutes a day it would take a long time, i'm not sure exactly how long but quite a while. And during the time I was putting it in I would probably need to shut our site down for a day or two. Overall it would take a long time but I can get started and let you all know when I am ready if you'd like. During the time I am putting it in I would need to shut it down to test, fix, and recode certian sections as well.
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:59 pm

Wait until you have the time... This site out of commission for a few days isn't so good... Or wait until we don't need any communication here Razz
Back to top Go down
Char561
AoF Friend
AoF Friend
Char561

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 12:02 am

It would probably just be a day or two and would be nessisary to make sure everything worked and to fix any bugs/errors in the coding. But this wont be for quite a while because this is alot of code and I dont want to even get started until I have geromix's approval
Back to top Go down
Sangheili
Admin
Admin
Sangheili

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 2:38 am

well, instead of shutting down the site, how about we make a similiar one and you can test it on that

it'd take longer if wee did that but at least we dont miss out on communication

or make an other forum for use while this one is out of commission
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 3:42 am

sounds like a good idea Sangheili
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recruitment Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruitment Block   Recruitment Block Empty

Back to top Go down

Recruitment Block
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next