Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)

Go down 
+3
Geromix
DarkGhost
Titan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male
Number of posts : 895
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 6351

A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) Empty
PostSubject: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 9:04 am

Ok as you may or may not ( Sad ) have noticed i was inactive for a good while, am going to explain why i was away and what i would like for future now.

Ok first i will be honest, i have no interest in Fl Void anymore...
A while ago friends of mine (same ones who brought me to FL online) introduced me to the discovery server. I loved it and i do think it is better than the void. Cept for all the really serious RP people who need to chill a bit. So i played it for quite a while until eventually growing weary of it so i stopped playing FL.

Ogame: Ok ogame i also have stopped playing for one reason, i dont have the time for it. I enjoy being a fleeter except i can never manage my time etc on it so i keep losing the fleet and then when i do the turtle thing it gets real boring. So i lost interest in ogame and have put my account into a long vacation mode. I just cant commit the time to play it so yeah...

School: Have started doing my GCSE exams this year so of course i must study for it and do well so that has taken time away from gaming and stuff.;

Also i have got into console gaming a lot more lately, in my view there are little quality titles coming out for pc lately and also it soo much easier to play games on my ps3 and psp as instead of having to worry about sys specs etc you just throw in the CD/UMD and away you go. I play on psn with such games as Resistance 2, GTA4 and a few others which i do enjoy more than any games i have on the pc.

So what i am saying is that i find i dont have as much time for pc and AoF things, also my interests have went from FL, ogame etc to ps3 and other games which means i cant spend time under a AoF tag.
The one thing i always love here is the people on the forum, who never get boring! Especially Comfort lol. You guys and girls are all great people and i thank you for all the experiances in AoF. I still remember when i joined AoF after the VLF, Geromix gave me the oportunity to join and be Vice President of AoF so a big thanks to him for that.

So what i want to do now...

Ogame: I think on ogame i might just give away what res i have and try and keep my account in V-mode for as long as possible until maybe one day i return to it.

FL: Sadly if i start to play FL again it will be on the discovery server as i enjoy it more than the void and i have a nice range of characters to enjoy on it.

Ikariam: Tried it, didn't enjoy it, left it.

Tribal wars: Maybe something i will try some day.

AoF: Ok so i would ask that my ranks on ogame and Fl be suspended or something as i dont intend to play them any time soon.
Am more than happy to stay with AoF and help them out with the forum and whatever other requests they have for me as i really dont want to have to leave you all. I can do Admin work here and give my opinion on AoF matters and make sure everything stays good for AoF so i hope that i can do that without having to take part in ogame and Fl as i simply dont enjoy them.

I guess what i am saying is a want a more narrow role in AoF, confining myself to the forum and maybe Tribal wars some time.

Hope it is clear what i am saying and feel free to ask any question if you dont understand me. I find it sorta difficult to express what i am thinking through writing.

Also i want to make sure it is clear that am enjoying AoF but i just dont have the time to enjoy it all and some things i just dont enjoy now so i have replaced them with like the ps3 etc.

@ Geromix: If you could would you post a quick list of things you would like me to do here on the forums and responsibilities i wil have in AoF now. Right now am just checking what is being said and making sure that the members are doing ok but maybe you want me to do something in particlular.

As i said ask any questions you all have and i shall answer.
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male
Number of posts : 780
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Executive - Administrative Director
Registration date : 2007-12-15
Phoenix Grace : 6389

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 9:42 am

HES BACK! Very Happy we dont care what u do as long as ur here u muppet. Razz

Quote :
VLF
WOOT WOOT!!!!

Questions
A. why have u got existences crapy comment he keeps ranting on at me on ur Sig for?
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 11:01 am

THE CAKE IS A LIE
THE CAKE IS A LIE
THE CAKE IS A LIE
THE CAKE IS A LIE

lol dont know, just a funny thing from portal

Yes i am a muppet and yes...

VLF= WooT
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6773

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 10:57 pm

Well these things happen,i dont play FL much as well.
Log in like once a month or twice a month.Its the poeple in Void i like,can't get away from them so easily, so i hang out on the Void forums,handling AoF Stuff on the Void forums etc.

Ogame is a stressful game,one reason i became a turtle/miner,i dont have to worry about my fleet getting crashed.
So for a large part of 2008 my account in Ogame was in vac mode.I returned because Albert went into vac. mode in November and somebody had to be at the helm of affairs or the association would collapse.

What often makes me stick here is the Leadership,once u get associated with a community like AoF(Yes it has become large enough to be called a community Cool ) it is difficult to snap ties just like that.

I am always a bit worried about the future when i may leave,so i keep recruiting like a madman(more like Xenon Laughing ) and keep looking for leaders to carry on the job.
MORE LEADERS=BETTER FUTURE Razz

That is why i asked u to join AoF as its VP after VLF went away.If i remember correctly i asked Ghosty as well,Xenon asked him before i could,so he went ESF way.Razz

No probs bro,i understand.

I also see the 'shift' towards consoles.
Have been looking at it for a long time for further expansion of AoF,but i really don't 'the works' of it like how to get established there,the games,servers,what is needed and what is not.
Quite a large number of AoF members it appears to me do play consoles,some game or the other and the thing remains-
How to club them together,unite them on the the basis of their interests and common games they play and get them to play under AoF Tag?

A few leaders are needed and maybe u could help.

U will always be welcome here.Sure u can keep ur Admin rights, we always need more Admins as more people register here and become active here.
At the rate we are growing-one new branch every 4 months,by next time this year we could have nearly a 1000 registered users in the forums. cyclops

I will think of something more specific later on.
Back to top Go down
https://aof-association.forumotion.com
Albert
Admin
Admin
Albert

Male
Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2007-12-05
Phoenix Grace : 6068

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 1:06 am

Hi Titan, wellcome back. Even to say "good bye".
Yes, we noticed you're not on-line for a long time ;P

By now I have my Ogame account also in vac. mode and I jump in just to assure it doesn't get deleted. I started a new studies last september and it's impossible to me to take care of Planets and Presidency. Geromix and Phantom are carrying the hard work now there.

And in Void we still recruit and recruit. As allways, a few stay and many left. I have a great help now with Benice and Comfort. And you can come back whenever you want. The Void is big enough. Wink

Cya and have fun wherever u are and whatever u do!
Back to top Go down
Arch_Vile
Admin
Admin
Arch_Vile

Male
Number of posts : 906
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Ikariam Kappa, Leader/Home Secretary
Phoenix Grace : 6405

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 1:33 am

I understand Titan buddy...these things happens every now and then, yeah i too no longer logs in void no more lose interest, i agree on ogame,that game can be quite stressful, all did was do a 24hrs fleetsave everyday lol.

Anyway bro...good luck on your GCSE exams, its a pretty tough exam that,in my place its called GCE and it came with levels like 'A' 'O' and 'N'...I only got 'N' level.
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 5:08 am

Thank you for all the replies and your kind words. What Geromix said about the community is very true!

So yeah i'll still be here as an Admin and help AoF with whatever needs doing! If AoF ever expands into console games then i will surely be with you, unless u all on Xbox360 like most of my RL friends Evil or Very Mad:

I have some ideas for AoF on ps3 but we can discuss that when we need to and if we choose to.

Yeah GCSE is hard work bro, i have a life and work exam at 9:15am on my first day back at school!
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male
Number of posts : 1158
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 1:09 am

Everyone bashes The Void. OGame I can understand, but how can you get bored of The Void? Ikariam is about the same level of understanding, but how in the HELL of hellish things, can you get bored of The Void?

Anyway, you will be missed there (even if it's only meant to be what can only be described as long-term temporary) on the Void. Same in OGame, even though I don't play that anymore, but I'm sure I speak for someone Razz

Bye-bye, big birdie! (I hope that actually doesn't mean anything ShockedSmile
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 2:41 am

To be honest when u step onto a server with 25 players and go to check a server with 150 players every day with quite a good mod as discovery why the hell would u come back? to get missile spammed? to get an flame war on the forum?
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 2:58 am

DarkGhost wrote:
To be honest when u step onto a server with 25 players and go to check a server with 150 players every day with quite a good mod as discovery why the hell would u come back? to get missile spammed? to get an flame war on the forum?

Really?Discovery has 150k players?Or is it 150? cyclops

Hey i am not bashing Void,how can i bash it,that is where everything started! cheers:
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 4:30 am

i mean 150 players logged online every night.
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male
Number of posts : 1158
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 4:31 am

You have to admit, that is a lot.... Shocked:
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 4:53 am

Yeah there is always at least 100 people on in my evening time in Discovery but the problem is most of them are way too serious about RP and would chew you up for saying or doing something outside of RP. It is a good mod with plenty of ships etc and the Rp can be kwl at times.

Who said anything about bashing the void? Void still really kwl server and it is where i started FL online, i just enjoyed discovery as it was a good change from the void. Also in discovery i have an Advanced Train which i just love Very Happy 5000 cargo cap much? Also i quite like my rogue gunship.
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 5:25 am

Interesting maybe we should start a branch in Discovery,if there are so many players.

Even though AoF doesn't RP much in the 'conventional sense',we can put in a great deal of RP in this server.It will be different from the branch in Void...

Interesting.... scratch:

So who can do this?
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 5:30 am

i cant do it but u could fit 1 wing in for the RP or 2 under a shipping company and i know that Titan has played there abit so maybe he would be interested.
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 5:59 am

Aye if you all want to i can make funds ready for AoF members. I have a freelance char, pirate, Navy gunboat, navy bomber and my trader. Have a look at the homepage and see what you think.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/

We will have to change things a bit if AoF were to work in discovery, our pirate wing would have to be like a secret unlawful type side of our comapny. Check out the homepage etc and then we can plan more if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 6:30 am

Forget the rest of the site look at there wiki page its AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 6:33 am

I think that this is uberly taking this post of course actually and i think a seperate topic of the leadership council should be made on this 1.
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 9:13 am

Yeah good point.

Ok to sum up my first post, am staying in AoF but i wont be very active on ogame or FL but i will be active on these forums. If we do start in discovery then i will surely help u all get started and am sure it will get me into FL for a while again. But it is up to you all if you want to try it, i highly recomend you do as it is quite different than void. RP may be difficult for some to get used to though.
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:06 pm

>There is more or less a consensus on this that we should open a new Discovery FL Branch.So we need u there Titan.

>Forum work=
-I would like u to look after the portal and update it whenever u can,u know like new leaders and stuff that have to be put on Portal.
-General forum moderation.
-If u could u can create new blocks in the Portal whenever u can that would be good like Ogame Links-Important Ogame sites like speedsim,ogame forums(there is already a list of them in AoF Ogame forums,u can check that) etc.

Plus there is something known as a Sitemap,i created a one for this site,being a free forum the sitemap u create will have limitations.It helps Google and other search engines to get u on top of search indexes.
Our sitemap doesn't update itself automatically so it needs to be done once a month.
It is a tedious job and a bit boring but necessary.
If u want to do it,i will teach u how to do it.
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 3:26 am

u might need to teach him HTML while ur at it if u want him to work on portal Razz
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 5:02 am

lol ok i can do most of those things except i will go learn more about HTMl before i mess around with the portal etc. General forum stuff i try to do all the time, yeah i can help AoF out on discovery if we start there.

Sitemap uhm never heard of that....

I will find out about it now.

*1 google search later*

lol ok i know what a sitemap is now, think i know how it works. Is it accesed through the admin panel or what??

*After searching for sitemap*

Found it Smile
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 6:06 am

Don't mess with it right now,the sitemap i mean.

Made it with great difficulty.We will do that later on.
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 6:43 am

OK heres afew sites to help u recap/learn HTML as u go along. Also we have afew admin staff who can help u out where u need it.

http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Guide/Style.html

Both are quite good as me & Maverick have used them alot together making our clan sites.
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 7:30 am

Na i havent touched the sitemap, only looked for it so i knew where it was. Thanks for the links Ghosty.

Btw Geromix do you want censorship for like bad language etc cause i noticed we didnt have any of it and am sure that can be an easy thing for me to do Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)   A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read) Empty

Back to top Go down

A few things i need to talk about (leaders please read)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next