Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

For Newbies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6802

For Newbies Empty
PostSubject: For Newbies   For Newbies EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 8:20 am

Ok - not that there isnt already a pile of stuff on here for you to digest before going into the black and getting shot at, but his is as much for my own sanity as it is for information purposes. It will stop me having to wear down my keyboard typing the same thing again, and again, and again - SO please read this carefully. (AND I mean CAREFULLY - its not a type of Welsh Cheese ok?!!!)

1. READ the message that comes up when you log on.

2. There is only one safe place for players over level 20 - that is New York - the rest of space is a dangerous place.

3. Harassment is not permitted. That does not mean that people cant shoot at you. There seems to be a gross misunderstanding about this. Harassment is when you are verbaly, or physicaly abused by another player - and here comes the bit you need to read CAREFULLY. Five or more kills in a row without retaliation on your part is MERELY a guidline - it is NOT written in stone. If you KNOW there are Rogues sitting at the gates in ALEXANDRIA and you have already been killed TWICE - DONT go back that way - FIND ANOTHER ROUTE. If however you feel that you have been ill treated - please make sure of some points before you come complaining to either the VOIDS, FAQS or ADMINS.

a. Have you asked the players who have assassinated you (because most of the time its not a fight its an execution - lets be fair about this) to desist from doing so again as you acknowledge their superior ability and fire power and all you want to do is pass through the gate en-route to your next destination? If you have NOT done this then dont come running to me about "harassment" and "ban that player".

b. Get a Screen Shot and PLEASE make sure it shows the harrasment taking place - either in conversation or in action. If there were witnesses to this - I want to hear from them too. AND I will be asking the other player what happened - SO make sure you have your story straight. Any FALSE accusations of harrasement towards another player will not be looked upon favourably.

c. DONT turn into a Screen Shot Papperazzi - I dont want to be bombarded with useless and pointless Screen Shots that show me nothing and are merely a "Ive been shot at and I dont like it!".

d. If, after asking nicely, you are still killed - do not be afraid to ask again - the more often you ask and the more often they execute you without you having a chance to fight back or get a clean chance at running, the higher the chance is of them being punished for harassment. All the same - DONT go looking to tempt it. (see note 3)

4. I have said this till I am blue in the face with it. THIS IS A SHOOTER SERVER - BE PREPARED TO GET SHOT AT.
You are going to die. Either at the hands of NPCs or at the hands of your fellow players. Person to person PvP's or unprovoked attacks by Rogues will occur. Rogues are to be avoided and NOT to be trusted. If your combat skills are not that good then GET SOME. These guys are good - and if your response to them is more "WOW!" than "Frack off!" the chances are you might even get to learn something. Good players love to brag - Good players are looking for the next challenge - Good players get tired of shooting at Transporters (they get a better challenge shooting at NPC's) - Good Players WANT you to get better so they can have more fun......Ask them how they got so good - they may even take you to the EFZ or to a quiet place and show you a few tricks.

I have been here for nearly two years and I have died more times at the hands of good players and not so good players more often than I care to count. I dont realy care. I get frustrated that my skills are not that good - its a combination of things from age, equipment and experience. If I sat here and got tuition from the best for several hours per day I dare say I would be complained about just as much as some others.

ABOVE ALL - DONT GIVE UP.........!

TAKEN FROM VOID,ZEBULON POST.
Back to top Go down
https://aof-association.forumotion.com
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male
Number of posts : 895
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 6380

For Newbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Newbies   For Newbies EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 9:01 am

Agreed!
Back to top Go down

For Newbies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community :: AoF Archives Board :: AoF Freelancer Branch - The Void :: AoF Members-
Jump to: