Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

X-3 Terran Conflict

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male
Number of posts : 895
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 6372

X-3 Terran Conflict Empty
PostSubject: X-3 Terran Conflict   X-3 Terran Conflict EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:04 am

I would have posted this earlier except the game isn't multiplayer like I originally thought so it wasn't as important to post about. But still it looks awsome imo and I have ordered it Smile

Basicly it's a massive universe with a full dynamic economy, 100's of ships to choose from including scouts, fighters and of course massive (proper massive, not FL 'massive') capital ships, ability to build your own space stations/empire and your able to control fleets of ships not just your own.

I was looking through a list of space games just having a look and I noticed this, now maybe am just a noob but i've never heard of the X series until now and it looks great so heres some official trailers I demand you all look at.

Build Trailer
Think Trailer
Trade Trailer
Fight Trailer

The above basicly go through the main ideas of the game Smile

Forgot to add that their is a story in the game and plots to follow but it is 100% open ended, not FL open ended as in oh you need to complete these missions before getting to Reinland etc. I mean as in you can do just about ANYTHING from the very start of the game. Some mission sectors are locked but there are 100's of sectors anyway Smile

Remember it's single player only!!!

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Arch_Vile
Admin
Admin
Arch_Vile

Male
Number of posts : 906
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Ikariam Kappa, Leader/Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6426

PostSubject: Re: X-3 Terran Conflict   X-3 Terran Conflict EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:36 am

I have heard of this game before but never play it, almost buy the game once...
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: X-3 Terran Conflict   X-3 Terran Conflict EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:39 am

I just got home from doctor and it's here so am installing now Smile

Will report back later haha.
Back to top Go down
Sangheili
Admin
Admin
Sangheili

Male
Number of posts : 658
AoF Organisation Role : Ancient Observer
Registration date : 2008-01-04
Phoenix Grace : 6223

PostSubject: Re: X-3 Terran Conflict   X-3 Terran Conflict EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:49 pm

i watched the build trailer

AWESOME!!!

the voice is creepy though....

and now to watch the rest.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.theplague.freeforums.org
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: X-3 Terran Conflict   X-3 Terran Conflict EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:43 pm

Ok after playing for a few solid hours I can say it's a slow game and hard to get used to but wow everything is huge and really in depth.

I watched a pirate frigate engage a military carrier ship and it was awsome, the carrier sent out waves of fighters to attack the pirate fighters then the two capital ships lined up with each other and blew each other to bits Very Happy

The military won quite easily though lol.

When you start a new game you get to choose from different characters which determine your starting sector (system) and starting ship or ships and credits. Each start is suited to a different play style, for example the humle merchant one gives you a transport ship and a scout ship with basic trade software on the transport. While the Argon (one of the races) patriot you start as an Argon military pilot with a heavy fighter and basic combat equipment.

But you can do whatever you want which is great. I started as a humble merchant so i've been trading and exploring which is slow but there's just soo much to see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sangheili
Admin
Admin
Sangheili

Male

PostSubject: Re: X-3 Terran Conflict   X-3 Terran Conflict EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:07 pm

send us a SS of ur ship already, i wanna laugh at how small and insignificant it is compared to my cake!
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: X-3 Terran Conflict   X-3 Terran Conflict EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:17 pm

I sold the scout ship I had which was awsome looking but instead here is a pic of my ugly transport Smile

Ain't pretty and it ain't fast

Here is it when compared to a frigate....

Battleships are much bigger you say?!?!
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6794

PostSubject: Re: X-3 Terran Conflict   X-3 Terran Conflict EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:45 pm

You know there can make 2 sequels for X games but they can't make one for Freelancer. Evil or Very Mad

The game looks good,too bad it is only SP.
It would have been great if it was Multi-player.
Back to top Go down
https://aof-association.forumotion.com
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: X-3 Terran Conflict   X-3 Terran Conflict EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:40 am

If it was multiplayer it would be incredible Very Happy

Not only does the X series have the sequels it also has the stand alone expansions and also the devs release mission packs for free as well as other new game features in patches on the official site.

If I get this right, here is the entire series:

X-Beyond the Frontier
X-Tension
X2-The Threat
X3-Reunion
X3-Terran Conflict

And the series has lasted 10 years I believe -_-
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male
Number of posts : 1158
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14
Phoenix Grace : 6410

PostSubject: Re: X-3 Terran Conflict   X-3 Terran Conflict EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 2:54 am

I wish they'd done that sort of a thing with Freespace... then again, you can really only bring back a antagonist back twice and keep it fresh. Anything to sum up those episodes? (I'm assuming they're episodes... whatever.)
Back to top Go down
Sangheili
Admin
Admin
Sangheili

Male

PostSubject: Re: X-3 Terran Conflict   X-3 Terran Conflict EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:06 am

heres a summary...

YOU BLOW SH*T UP, FOOL!!!

and that probably is a decent one, too.
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male

PostSubject: Re: X-3 Terran Conflict   X-3 Terran Conflict EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:45 am

I can't find a good page with all the plot but the wiki here gives you details about the start of the X universe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_(game_series)

Basicly after that the descendants of the original character continue to uncover the secrets of the Xenons/terraformers and this leads them to proving that the Earth does still exist. The whole kinda point of the series is the characters quest to get back to Earth by reuniting Earth with the X universe by using the jumpgate system. From that the races are able to reopen a link back to Earth which leads to the story of X3-Terran Conflict. Of course during all this they are fighting against the Terraformers who are still trying to destroy all life in the galaxy including finally destroying Earth.

Earth initially is pissed off since they seperated themself in order to remain safe from the Xenons/Terraformers so they ain't welcoming to their new neighbours in the X universe. Thats as much as I know, have to play the plot in X3TC to find out how it ends Smile

Note some of that may be wrong, I don't know much about the plot Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X-3 Terran Conflict   X-3 Terran Conflict Empty

Back to top Go down

X-3 Terran Conflict
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community :: Extras :: Other Games+Propose Games for AoF to Play-
Jump to: