Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

Personalized domain name

Go down 
+7
techno_kid
Comfort
Geromix
Cugix
Arch_Vile
mightybean
Char561
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What should be domain name of AoF?
www.aofgaming.org
Personalized domain name - Page 4 I_vote_lcap44%Personalized domain name - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
www.aofgamers.org
Personalized domain name - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%Personalized domain name - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
www.aof-hq.org
Personalized domain name - Page 4 I_vote_lcap22%Personalized domain name - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
www.aofclan.org
Personalized domain name - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Personalized domain name - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
www.aofgc.org
Personalized domain name - Page 4 I_vote_lcap22%Personalized domain name - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
www.aof-forums.org
Personalized domain name - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Personalized domain name - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2009-04-07
Phoenix Grace : 5580

Personalized domain name - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:40 am

Geromix wrote:
Regarding themes for SMF,i had to dig this up-

(Obviously I want to not look just like a 1000 other forums, right?)
If I already have an existing site, would it be easy to integrate it with my current site (ditto for current mods etc)

Back to top Go down
http://www.designaweb.us
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male
Number of posts : 780
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Executive - Administrative Director
Registration date : 2007-12-15
Phoenix Grace : 6388

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:44 am

Even if we picked a similar theme id promise that we would flip it into an awesome and completely diffrent to the theme anyway. New graphics & New awesome extras. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:40 am

can everyone who is able to donate at the moment post ONCE at https://aof-association.forumotion.com/aof-news-f21/donators-t1292.htm#10707.
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySat May 09, 2009 1:02 pm

On a side note to Donaters that are thinking of sending it via post. Dont send it until the buyer finds out what the regulations for his local currancy changes are.

For example, over here Royal Mail post office do currancy change BUT they only accept notes. so the buyer whos getting the money sent needs to confirm what he/she can or cannot get changed into his own currancy to be spent.

incase someone sends coins to find they are no use at a later date becuase they cant get them changed.
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:35 pm

What extra features do people actually want on the new site?
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:36 pm

and have you got examples of them?
Back to top Go down
bulbster
bulbster

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-29
Phoenix Grace : 5688

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySat May 09, 2009 9:01 pm

nice domain name..we can also put up a irc domain name irc.ourdomain.org .I can help with it also..
Back to top Go down
http://www.amigoas.com
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:43 am

Thanks for bringing this up here bulbster not in the donors thread. What sort of server you have (eg irc) and please go back and tell us the amount which you can donate. Also, can you exlain to some people what Irc is and how they would use it etc.
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:38 am

Ok ive kinda looked into how we could improve recruitment if we got the site and this is what i came up with.

We technically reform the recruitment into a more 'nationalised' system. For those that dont know Nationalisation is a govermental control of its industry and business with a state but the same idea can be applied to this.

The community removes all the recruiting forums from the branchs and the coders put this up on the forum for members to apply by. this is easily done and ill talk about where it goes in amin.

On a breif note areas with a '+' mainly the start of sections except the main AoF form would be hidden until u click the button similar to some forum methods to reveal the appropraite extras to u. Ive taken most of what all the branchs already have asked for an put them into this in a way for it to be easily gain the infromation individual branchs require.

Code:
Please Fill in the application form below if you wish to join any aspect of the Alliance of Freelancers
---------- AoF Main Application Form ---------
Username: 12 spaces for username

Time zone: GMT etc.

Do you have any previous clan/community experience? (Please include leadership positions)
a paragraph block 5 lines max.

Why do you wish to join the Alliance Of Freelancers gaming community?
a paragraph 5 lines max.

Do u have any skills that could be helpful within the community? (For example Graphical design and code writing)
a paragraph block 5 lines max.

Where you Referred or in game recruited by a member of AoF Leadership?
(If so please provide the members username also your application will be automatically accepted once confirmed)
12 space for username

The Alliance of Freelancers offers a mentor system where you can learn and enjoy the community with a experienced member. This lasts until you feel you are ok to continue within the community on your own.
(If you would like to make use of this service please tick the box provided)

Would you like to receive information on the Alliance of Freelancer communication channels provided by the Xfire instant messenger program?
(Please tick the appropriate box)

Extra notes you wish to add to your main application.
6 line paragraph

Below are a number of Branch application forms that accompany the main application form. You do not have to fill in all of the forms below but you are expected to fill in the one appropriate to the branch you wish to join.

----- Freelancer : The Void ----- +

How Long have you played Freelancer/The Void? 
2 line paragraph

Which Wing would you like to join? (Further wings may be joined when you meet your President)
 Option of 3 - AoF Merchant Wing - [T] , AoF Auxiliary Wing - [A] or AoF Pirate Wing - [X]

Are you a Freelancer or do you find yourself in a server clan? ( We have no issue with our members being within other server clans)
2 line paragraph

Extra notes you wish to add to your application.
6 line paragraph

----- Freelancer : Discovery Role Play Server ----- +

How Long have you played on Freelancer/Discovery RP server?
2 line paragraph

What other Role Plays do you follow within the server?
Leave 5 line paragraph

Which Wing would you like to join? (Further wings may be joined when you meet your President)
 Option of 2 - AoF Merchant Wing - [T] or  AoF Auxiliary Wing - [A]

6 line paragraph

----- Ikariam : World Kappa -----  +

Your Points and Rank: (can be found in-game using the High score button)
1 line paragraph

Names of your city or cities and their coordinates:
5 line paragraph

Have you Read the AoF Ikariam Tenets (Rules): (please tick to confirm you have)

Found here if you have not already confirmed 

Previous Alliances, why did you quit, and were you kicked out? :
4 line paragraph

6 line paragraph

----- OGame : Universes 18 ----- +

How long have u been playing OGame?
1 line paragraph

Do u have account in any other universe?
2 line paragraph

What is your style of play-Are u a miner, fleeter, turtle or raider?
Pick the appropriate option.

Were u a leader or member in any other alliance?
5 line paragraph

How active are you? When do you come in-game (server time or GMT)?
2 line paragraph

6 line paragraph

----- Puzzle Pirates : Ocean Sage ----- +

Which name does your pirate sail by?
12 characters for username

What is your highest achieved rank on Y!PP server Sage Ocean?
2 line paragraph

What is your highest piracy skill and in which puzzle?
2 line paragraph

Which rank and crew are you applying for?
2 options. 1 with choice list of ranks the other a list of crews for select 1 choice.

->Do you have any experience with being a royal?
2 line paragraph that opens if u select yes option.

----- Alliance Of Freelancers : Leadership / Departments ----- +

If you would like to receive information on joining one of our departments or in joining one of the leadership teams for a branch please tick the provided box so that we are aware that you are interested.
tick option

Which leadership team would you like to join at a later point?
(Pick 1) AoF Leadership Council, AoF Commanders Council , AoF Phoenix hand or the Presidential Body of the branch you applied for.

Extra notes you wish to add that show that you would be a worthy member of the leadership teams we have.
8 line paragraph

---

We remind you of the rules and regulations found here that by applying you agree to follow within the AoF community. Extra information you desire can be found within the forums of the appropriate branch although until your application process is complete you may not have direct access to much of the information.

The Alliance of Freelancers thanks you for the application you wish to send it and you will receive a response through the Private Message system provided on your account as soon as possible.

We can code this to be sent 2 ways. firstly to an email. the suggestion is that with the free email address that come we could have one for recruitment@domain-name.org. It arrives to the email which possibly could be hooked up to the site for a number of staff to see and then sent out as this diagram shows.

Second option is that Techno could create a mod were it sends it to somewhere else onsite.

Ingame recruitment would still work effectively but to receive forum permissions this application would need to be filled in. recruitment ingame once confirmed would mean that the person would be promised a place within and cannot be rejected but it isnt the recruitment bodys decision. their job is to receive and send to the appropriate member of branchs. the whole process for recruitment goes through like this....

Personalized domain name - Page 4 Aofrecruitmentreform

Once it arrives via email it is copy & pasted into a PM format and sent to a member choosen in the appropriate branch. (choose by the branch leader ofcourse.)

THen information sheets pre made by members incharge of places and sent requests to send them to the user if he has requested them. Then it opens the possibility for mentorship which if i remember correctly some here have always liked the idea of, it in itself dont need a new site to run becuase it dont really need any of the features but heres how it would work.

A 'Head Mentor' incharge of all of it would be informed and one of the mentors would be requested by him/her to make contact with the new member and follow this process...

Personalized domain name - Page 4 Mentorshipstructure

So the real question is what u think?
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6772

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:35 am

I am sorry but this is too complicated.I haven't understood much.

The only thing i have understood is some sort of centralization is taking place here.
Back to top Go down
https://aof-association.forumotion.com
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:38 am

ok simple & basic. we could code a application form into the site structure that people can fill in and we receive instead of 6 diffrent recruitment forums. recruitment dealt with mainly by the community on site rather than applications on diffrent forums for the branchs.

Then opening doors to better treatment of our members through things such as mentorship.

didnt think it would be possible to sum it up that easy. should have done that first time round and saved myself time. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:51 am

Well this can be done here as well,we just need to make a "form".

I don't know how mentoring can take place,very few even check up on forums and therefore the overall community.

1 mentor for every new member is tough.
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:59 am

Hang on i think u thinking small m8. man ur not thinking of getting a site and limiting to the members we have now are u? please tell me u arnt.

Clearly alot of the way we have of running to get members and keep them active dont work.

man in a year of having to renew the site id like to think that as a team we can boast with having afew hundred. U got to approach and provide. We as a gaming community staff and i use the word staff because the branchs run themselves have to provide effect services to our members and our branchs which if u think about it are our clients. The more we offer a reason the more people will see us as a good place to start their clans with. The more branchs we have and the more members we have the more active we are.

The only thing is we gotta start small and we have started small being on a free site but one day we are gonna go through the roof with members and people here becuase they enjoy being with a mass community of gamers.
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:12 am

DarkGhost wrote:
Hang on i think u thinking small m8. man ur not thinking of getting a site and limiting to the members we have now are u? please tell me u arnt.

Clearly alot of the way we have of running to get members and keep them active dont work.

man in a year of having to renew the site id like to think that as a team we can boast with having afew hundred. U got to approach and provide. We as a gaming community staff and i use the word staff because the branchs run themselves have to provide effect services to our members and our branchs which if u think about it are our clients. The more we offer a reason the more people will see us as a good place to start their clans with. The more branchs we have and the more members we have the more active we are.

The only thing is we gotta start small and we have started small being on a free site but one day we are gonna go through the roof with members and people here becuase they enjoy being with a mass community of gamers.

No i am not thinking small,i am thinking big.

100 members=100 mentors.

Whatever it is you have a free hand in doing this.
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:25 am

also guys, im thinking that using wordpress may be better. i know it's not for forums by default but i've had some pretty wacky ideas. more to come when i have something definate to show you
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:24 pm

Regarding mentorship-It is needed,but the details need to be worked out.

I would still prefer to keep the application forms of various branches,if not the recruitment forums.
Recruitment threads are also important to note down who has been inducted and who has been not.

As far as themes are concerned,i haven't found much for version 1.1.8.

I also think we shouldn't be constrained by going for dark/orange themes but choose a variety of themes.

[THEME 1] http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=462

[THEME 2] http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=741

[THEME 3] http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=107

[THEME 4] http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=385

[THEME 5] http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=218

[THEME 6] http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=1

Most of the above can support multiple mods.

Last edited by Geromix on Tue May 19, 2009 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:02 am

T older themes will still work with 1.1.8
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:39 am

Tbh i dont see how its hard to see who has been inducted within the idea. the fact that its still the branch leaders that will receive the application just further down the system.

As for member lists i see afew branchs with recruitment forums & member listing forums (thats abit of a waste actually but thats for another day) so i dont think it would affect the ability for members to be listed at any stage in the process. In the end run its still the leadership of the branch it just involves a more professional and in my opinion a better system.

As for the Themes Geromix has liked the only 1 i dont really like outta the group is number 4. The rest are good i think.
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:10 am

Also I vote 3
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:46 am

it's back to my radical full on site guys and its available to see at aoftest.sc14.co.uk!! this is as good as it get guys and it has everything you ever wanted (except ready to go themes). however, themes can be changed as you know. also, THIS IS WHAT I WOULD CHOOSE NOW!!
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:05 am

ok is this the main hoempage area with the SMF added as a forum?
Back to top Go down
techno_kid
Admin
Admin
techno_kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:06 am

haha this isn't SMF!! this is the full website management system
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male
Number of posts : 895
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 6350

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Ok well i personally think that the recruitment applications are fine the way they are right now, no need to complicate them when they are fine atm. As long as they are correctly done which isn't hard then everything should be fine as the member will have his application accepted/rejected and he will be added to that branchs' member list and put into the right forum group.

Mentorship would be an alright idea but as far as i remember we tried it or something very similar before and no one was interested really...

If you get people actually into it am sure it would be a nice way for new members to meet the people who get the job as mentor.
Back to top Go down
mightybean
mightybean

Male
Number of posts : 103
AoF Organisation Role : [AoF][X] Wing Leader
Registration date : 2008-10-10
Phoenix Grace : 5805

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:04 pm

DarkGhost wrote:
It requires a creditcard & mightybean dont have one if i understand correctly. i think that rules out nearly all methods of online paying without a creditcard.

As for fees. ur talking like a stamp as the price. not sure how much that is actually.

I'll just have to wait till I get a credit card. Which is as soon as I have enough free time to go to the bank... I need one anyway, so I can establish a good credit rating!
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/mightybean/
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:07 am

Well if u want an overall idea of what i think of the recruitment process... We have 300 users, atleast 250 are bound to be inactive. We have inactivity in most games and the death of a number of branchs last month. We also have a large pile of information that the leaders are suppose to dish out to the members but they dont. For example, i dont think any of them have mentioned Xfire to their members etc. The info that we need going out isnt and if they dont do it someones got to.

As for the process being complicated and the old system being alright i think its clear to say by the inactivity of the branch forums that recruitment on forum has turned into a minimal. So its a waste putting 5 forums for the job a proper application for that looks good to new members could solve.

For games like Ogame, Ikariam and all when people join they have only 2 things to look at before they join. ur info page ingame & ur site. If they dont get taken in by both on first sight u can be sure as hell weve lost a candidate. Its a big world out in the side of recruiting and their are always new methods coming onto the path so maybe we should get out of the old process.

No offence but their are other clans out dere and they look good. If u wernt here and seen how we operate would u really pick here over one that looks more professional. i dont think i would. Its a harsh reality of competition between communitys for members.

feel free to correct me if im wrong,
Ghosty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personalized domain name   Personalized domain name - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Personalized domain name
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next