Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

Dissapointed...

Go down 
+3
Titan
DarkGhost
BeNice
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BeNice
BeNice

Male
Number of posts : 138
AoF Organisation Role : VOID Chief Merchants
Registration date : 2008-07-24
Phoenix Grace : 5835

Dissapointed... Empty
PostSubject: Dissapointed...   Dissapointed... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:45 am

Sry guy but i am dissapointed about the Development in AoF generally

We always had discussions about new Forums , new Games , the Forum are full from new started games,
but when i see how many ppl are active in the Games you can count them on 2 hands

Dont tell me , AoF is a Multigame clan , i ask you back what is a clan without playing members ??

I was on Void , playing more than half a year - only Albert is playing regulary

I am on DISCO playing only Existence is still around
Dont tell me i should recruit i tried to but this is always difficult amd i get rif of this , when i see all our "presidents" LEADERS" Vice Leaders
are creating new things on Forum , instead of simply play together in the game

If i recruit ppl , they leave the Clan bec no one is ONLINE in the Game we wil never hold the new recriuits if we are not present in games !!
We have to be PRESENT in Game thats it how it works , no good Forum , no new Games will change that ,
if the new ppl are always playing alone , they will leave AoF quickly as they joiined

So pls BE ON in the Game as often u are in FORUMS

A Evil or Very Mad:
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male
Number of posts : 780
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Executive - Administrative Director
Registration date : 2007-12-15
Phoenix Grace : 6388

Dissapointed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed...   Dissapointed... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:57 am

I notice this post only relates to AoF
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male
Number of posts : 895
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 6350

Dissapointed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed...   Dissapointed... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 pm

DarkGhost wrote:
I notice this post only relates to AoF

??? well who else would it relate to?

Anyway i must say i was expecting a post like this eventually, how to explain it....

Well ok i know am not on discovery that often and well when i get time to play games etc i generally have a certain set of games i play. This changes around depending on what i want to enjoy and if i have got any new games. Right now am mad for Killzone 2, Empire total war (both are Epic!) and also puzzle pirates (also good but not Epic). Freelancer isn't really the type of game i want to play right now though i did go yesterday and today to play it but i need the new new new flipping version of the mod and everytime i get new version it messes up FL and i have to reinstall it etc. So i haven't bothered as it seems a lot of trouble when i could click a shortcut button and be playing Empire.

On the forum issue well the forum is soo quick to access etc and with the great people on it i know that something fun or exciting will be going on so am always going to be checking it out here. First thing i do on pc is log on xfire then head here.

Your point is fair yes, the above is just my reasons for why am not on disco a lot lately and i know i really should be on it more and am sorry for not being on it but am here to have fun. Of course i know that when the leaders are not around and there are few members online then AoF isn't going to grow on discovery and i wish i was able to play it more and get all the serious stuff done but i just can't do it simple. After doing my school work, making posts and RP things on discovery forums really isn't my idea of fun and sadly playing FL isn't really my main interest right now. Believe me i will play it actively again after i play the current games i am on to death.

Also i appreciate your commitment on FL as you always are active! Wish i could do the same really but am not you and eventually i will get bored of everything and want a change.
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6772

Dissapointed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed...   Dissapointed... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:56 pm

^^Good reply there,Titan.

@BeNice-More forum participation indicates greater activity and integration within the community across various game branches.

We have only 20 unique visitors per day in the forum when we actually have around 100 members in various games.

Only the leaders check the forum and this indicates there is few activity within the branches and members of various branches are NOT mixing with each other.

More forum participation is a good thing.(Right now we have poor forum participation Sad )
[In fact i am planning to use forum functions like the Point System and Reputation System and ask all leaders to make their members participate in the forums,they should try to have a minimum number of posts,points and reputation for any promotion in-game)

>>The problem is that the Leaders have got it all wrong,many leaders play multiple games,play more games they can handle instead of concentrating on one game only.

If one plays 1 or 2 games then it is fine,but playing many games stretches you,you don't get time at all and so on.

If you play 1 game then you concentrate only on that branch,develop it and lead it.

Take a look at PP,it has all the main leaders in it save for a few,that is fine play any game you want but you cant do that at the expense of development of other games.

Ideally,if we have 10 leaders and 5 branches,then each branch should have 2 leaders on an average.

Leadership talent should be spread equally around the games.

BeNice is absolutely right,if we leaders are not in-game then the new recruits leave AoF or leave the game itself.It is a leading cause of inactivity.

I urge leaders to choose games and play games according to their capacity and potential and not have accounts in every game,playing one game in 'bits and pieces' and playing other games in 'bits and pieces'.
Prioritize,play games that you really want to play,imo a leader can play 3 games maximum properly and do well in it,anything more will destroy your RL or weaken other gaming branches.
If in this process even if a few branches are closed it is alright,it is better have a few active branches than many inactive and poorly performing branches.(However that is a last resort,leaders should try to find a good worthy replacement to lead that particular branch when they leave it)
Back to top Go down
https://aof-association.forumotion.com
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male
Number of posts : 1158
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14
Phoenix Grace : 6388

Dissapointed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed...   Dissapointed... EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:12 pm

I admit, it is kind of a shame. But, as you have just mentioned, I doubt many of the people that you are aiming at are actually going to read this topic, lol. If they haven't been online in-game, then they're probably not going to be here lol.
If you see them, don't forget to inform them, lol. In fact, spam them. Make them write it down. Slap them through the PC if they don't. Seriously. Kick off their head.

Btw, I have a suggestion for OGame Players: Don't play Freelancer or Puzzle Pirates. They both seem to conflict. When your fleet is home, you have to check up on it pretty much constantly, which really cuts down on everything else. But, playing TribalWars and Ikariam at the same time are both good ideas Very Happy

And I would play Freelancer regularly, but I still blame HP. My PC keeps getting 'fixed'. Pretty much meaning it lasts a week then breaks down again. Oi...
Back to top Go down
Sangheili
Admin
Admin
Sangheili

Male
Number of posts : 658
AoF Organisation Role : Ancient Observer
Registration date : 2008-01-04
Phoenix Grace : 6201

Dissapointed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed...   Dissapointed... EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:34 am

well geromix, i agree on your very-few games playing policy for leaders, my method is to play the amount of games i play now(counting sounds.......) which is six, but only be leader in one of them

thats why i turned down the chance to be ambassador-thingy in ogame
Back to top Go down
http://www.theplague.freeforums.org
Arch_Vile
Admin
Admin
Arch_Vile

Male
Number of posts : 906
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Ikariam Kappa, Leader/Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6404

Dissapointed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed...   Dissapointed... EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 3:47 am

As for me im trying to co-lead in Ikariam, tbh i dont really feel like getting back to Ogame but with the crisis and reforming there i will push abit maybe in v-mode.

As of now, im hoping to create AoF in Guild Wars...And yes i agree wif the 2 Games per Leader thing but really 1 branch lead by 1 Leader is more better as he can concentrate on them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dissapointed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed...   Dissapointed... Empty

Back to top Go down

Dissapointed...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community :: AoF Archives Board :: AoF Bar- Phoenix Ashes :: General Discussion-
Jump to: