Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GallerySearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

Taking a long break from AoF

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 5762

Taking a long break from AoF Empty
PostSubject: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 3:14 am

Hello to all members

This was more or less coming and something that Is inevitable.

I would be moving on from AoF due to various RL reasons, i would be having a very busy year soon because of preparations for entering into an good B School for a Masters in Business Administration.The competition is very tough and i will have to sacrifice my gaming life for this. Sad

What is really sad is that i would be leaving OGame in middle of war,something that is not good.The war was interesting and it is not good of me to leave like this.
This was the personal reason due to which i didn't want the war in the first place.I wanted to leave AoF on a high and not like this,but i have little choice.

However in anticipation of this i did train Ultimatum for this and strengthened the leadership structure there,though i would like to have done more and have more leaders.

Titan is right that you cannot cut your ties off with a community just like that,and so i may return, but in many ways it is unlikely and uncertain. Sad [it would be only after April-2010]

I would be checking every now and then,ensuring my account is safe in vac mode in Ogame though in many ways my Ogame career is over as well.I would give away the account later on or kill it.
I will check the forums once a month or whenever i can.

>>I would like the Admins to take care of the forums and introduce new functions .You guys must check the forumotion help site as frequently as possible,check new updates and implement them.
[There is already a new trick on changing profiles and having the ability to add comments to them like in social networking sites,do check it]
If you need me for the forums just email me- geromic@gmail.com

I will transfer the Forum Founder Rank later on to somebody else.

>>Also u can always get graphical stuff etc from forumotion help site,many designers there wiling to make banners,bars,buttons etc.

>>New game branches must be opened according to the criteria i specified earlier.It doesn't take too much effort to get the forums up and running and the Admins will be giving permissions etc regarding that.

@Kevlar-
Don't worry mate,i wont go into vac mode until i rescue ur fleet.Pls check my PM,i would be able to rescue ur fleet only on Tuesday,that is tomorrow when i will have most of the day free.[I am still lacking in deut and i will ask Docta or anybody else to send me about another 200k deut ASAP]

I have learned a lot from AoF and from all of u.Many things regarding leadership etc that i learned here i will carry it with my self forever.

Most importantly i made many friends from different parts of the world.I wouldn't like to mention them here because there are so many of them.I wont forget u guys at all.

Cya all.

-Geromix
Proud AoF Member

Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 3:17 am

As a small addition i have asked Docta to be a Primary Leader as well in addition to his responsibility as a Chief Merchant.

I will be asking Sinn to be a Secondary Leader.

Sinn
Sinn

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-11
Phoenix Grace : 4595

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 3:57 am

And so it comes to pass, we mark the passing of the great leader of AoF.

THis war shall be won in your honour.

Hail, Geromix.
Back to top Go down
Arch_Vile
Admin
Admin
Arch_Vile

Male
Number of posts : 906
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Ikariam Kappa, Leader/Home Secretary
Phoenix Grace : 5394

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:12 am

Farewell my fren, goodluck in your studies bro...glad to know your still helping me fleet lol. its sad to see a great to leave but sooner or later one must leave, so do i, i wonder if i still here 5 years from now anyway...And yes,like sinn this war will be won in your honour and every IPM i sent into Crave is for you! And my fleet will crush theirs as a way to repay our debt for your help!!

PS...April 2010 eh, thats when my national service ends. Smile

SEMPERVIREN IMPERIUM[53:26]
Taking a long break from AoF Kazra1986
Taking a long break from AoF Usb123
Back to top Go down
Cugix
Admin
Admin
Cugix

Male
Number of posts : 453
AoF Organisation Role : |AoF Executive Chairman & GC Rep||SWTOR Branch Leader/Founder|
Registration date : 2008-08-08
Phoenix Grace : 5172

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:29 am

good luck
Back to top Go down
x Arbiter x
AoF Leader
AoF Leader
x Arbiter x

Male
Number of posts : 202
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Grand Vizier
Registration date : 2008-09-13
Phoenix Grace : 4708

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 6:12 am

Hard to see you go... I'd like to use a famous quote, but I just don't know any that fit this situation. I shall accept the leadership position and do everything in my power to assist Ultimatum.

Your legacy shall not be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Sangheili
Admin
Admin
Sangheili

Male
Number of posts : 658
AoF Organisation Role : Ancient Observer
Registration date : 2008-01-04
Phoenix Grace : 5191

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:46 am

i'll miss u m8, youve done alot for AoF and im not gonna forget u

april 2010 shall be a month of celebration

and congrats, u get a whole war in celebration of ur awesomeness Very Happy

i'll do wat i can for the forum btw

In another time, I led us to glory.

Now I watch for those who can do it better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theplague.freeforums.org
Char561
AoF Friend
AoF Friend
Char561

Male
Number of posts : 511
AoF Organisation Role : AoF X-Wing Founder/President, AoF Tribal Wars Duke, AoF Forum Admin
Registration date : 2008-05-14
Phoenix Grace : 5253

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:30 pm

It is truely sad to see you go man. You will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Char561
AoF Friend
AoF Friend
Char561

Male
Number of posts : 511
AoF Organisation Role : AoF X-Wing Founder/President, AoF Tribal Wars Duke, AoF Forum Admin
Registration date : 2008-05-14
Phoenix Grace : 5253

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:41 pm

Check your GMail. I sent you a message from char561@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 11:14 pm

@Kevlar-Everything is right on track,i am sending the res now.I hope u come in-game by 8 pm SGT.

@Sang-I am giving u Admin rights.

@Cugix-I will be sending a message in Void asking Void admins to make u Moderator of AoF forum,internal one in Void.

I may be back only after April,2010.

Most likely pick up some game like Guild Wars 2 or some other game in which i dont have to check on my account everyday.

There is a small chance that in June or July 2009,i will be back for a couple of weeks,i will utilize that time to get some more things done on the forums.

Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male
Number of posts : 1158
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14
Phoenix Grace : 5378

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 12:07 am

Aww, damn, an entire year? Yipes, and seeingyou're getting ito business, it'll just get worse after that. Oh well, gotta make money.

Cya mate, and best luck in all your studies. Try to pop in every so often, especially if there's steam billowing out of your ears. Which, judging on my experiencs with accounting and enterprise, could be quite often. Maybe wait for the smoke, then.

In any case, go hard. I have a friend who's probably on the same course as you, and he's doing well, so I expect you to too! Go forth and.. err.. study!
Back to top Go down
Albert
Admin
Admin
Albert

Male
Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2007-12-05
Phoenix Grace : 5057

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 1:32 am

Ok, mate. Take care and study a lot.
Cya next summer!
I'll be waiting Wink
Back to top Go down
Cugix
Admin
Admin
Cugix

Male
Number of posts : 453
AoF Organisation Role : |AoF Executive Chairman & GC Rep||SWTOR Branch Leader/Founder|
Registration date : 2008-08-08
Phoenix Grace : 5172

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:05 am

april 2010? meh we might die!!

quick sound the alerts! double the AoF patrols! shoot all BL... oh wait we already shooting BL...
Back to top Go down
BeNice
BeNice

Male
Number of posts : 138
AoF Organisation Role : VOID Chief Merchants
Registration date : 2008-07-24
Phoenix Grace : 4825

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:24 am

Cya mate

. i wish u all the best for your way

GW 2 ? mmmh maybe a new Challenge for me hehe

Good bye
maybe until 2010
Back to top Go down
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male
Number of posts : 780
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Executive - Administrative Director
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 8:35 am

well this is a pain in the ass but these things happen. hope u will be back friend, im sure these guys can build on AoF.

Ghosty

Taking a long break from AoF Pieman35
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male
Number of posts : 895
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 5340

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 pm

Aww man a whole year without Geromix being around Sad
Really sucks considering all the work you do for AoF and looking after us but of course your studies are most important and I wish you the best of luck for them! Sure sounds like a grand thing your going after, am sure it will be difficult but do your best mate and am sure you will do fine. Get your grades then go make plenty of moneyz for yourself Very Happy

I'll be sure to do my part here in AoF and will continue working on the Discovery branch. I have GCSE module exams right now so am not very active at the moent but hopefully by mid March i will be in full swing.

A note about the war on ogame: Best of luck to you, i'll try to get on ogame real soon and send res to the fleeters for the war effort! Geromix, am sure the ogame members won't let you down and the war will be won. No worries there mate.

So Geromix best of luck and we will see you again when your fully back in 2010, am sure you will stop by now and then to check on us Smile

Congrats on getting soo far with your education, hope i do as well Razz

Goodbye for now Geromix.

Back to top Go down
ursy
ursy

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-11
Phoenix Grace : 4596

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 12:53 pm

I haven't been with AOF long but sorry to see you leave man, hopefully we will see you again within a year and good luck with work and schooling!!!
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 2:34 am

Thanks for all your messages, guys.I appreciate it.

I just have to give away my account now to char561.

On a possible return i would most likely change the forum version,theme,etc and most likely ask Rayenden to make new graphics for the forums etc.

Cya all.

-Geromix

DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
DarkGhost

Male
Number of posts : 780
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Executive - Administrative Director
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 9:59 am

cya when u get back. keep in touch every while.

Taking a long break from AoF Pieman35
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking a long break from AoF   Taking a long break from AoF Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking a long break from AoF
Page 1 of 1