Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

Overview of recent posts

Go down 
+2
Comfort
Mokum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mokum
Mokum

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-11-24
Phoenix Grace : 5688

Overview of recent posts Empty
PostSubject: Overview of recent posts   Overview of recent posts EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 2:41 am

Hey all,

just my thought, but can we have like what we have in Void-forum, a part where it shows, let's say the last 25 recent posts, or replies to a thread?
And I would suggest, to split them by game.

So on the frontpage you have nothing, but one level down (you would go into AoF-Void, or AoF Ikariam, or AoF OGame), THEN you would see een '25 recent post' -list. Don't know if it is feasable. Might well be only possible on the frontpage, showing all subdivisions' posts throughout.

For me, it save a lot of looking up, searching etc.
It would allow us to 'scan the hot topics' as it were...

Tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male
Number of posts : 1158
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14
Phoenix Grace : 6423

PostSubject: Re: Overview of recent posts   Overview of recent posts EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:05 am

I think we already have something sort of like this, upper right corner of the Portal page. It doesn't show the hot topics or clarify whether they have many posts or not, but I think this Forum has too few people posting on it to be needing that kind of thing put up.
Back to top Go down
Arch_Vile
Admin
Admin
Arch_Vile

Male
Number of posts : 906
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Ikariam Kappa, Leader/Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6439

PostSubject: Re: Overview of recent posts   Overview of recent posts EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 7:35 am

well i disagree comfort, we had lots of topics posted every now and then. if you look at the frontpage, rite hand corner. theres a list of topics that are either new threads or post that someone had replied...you need to check the forum every now and then,say once or twice a day.

also i think at the bottom page theres this icon that changes its looks everytime theres a new topic.
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6807

PostSubject: Re: Overview of recent posts   Overview of recent posts EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 4:38 am

Well the idea is good and it is needed but this forum has certain limitations.

We can do many things to this site,especially the Portal but for that we need a really good programmer and we dont have one.
We could have added many HTML Pages and made things separate for each game but for that again we need the guys good at it.

The thing i can do right now is shift the Recent Topic Display to the center in place of Shoutbox and slow down the pace of posts moving up.

That will make all recent topics clearly visible and also i will increase the number of topics shown to 20.

I also urge other members to put it in bracket in the topic name they are going to post the name of the game.
Like-
(Ogame)Alliance Merger
(Void)BS Discussion

etc.

That would make it easier.

But eventually we would have to do something to the Portal etc.
scratch:
Back to top Go down
https://aof-association.forumotion.com
Phantom_4444
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
Phantom_4444

Male
Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-12-07
Phoenix Grace : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Overview of recent posts   Overview of recent posts EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 9:32 am

Quote :

The thing i can do right now is shift the Recent Topic Display to the center in place of Shoutbox and slow down the pace of posts moving up.

That will make all recent topics clearly visible and also i will increase the number of topics shown to 20.

well sounds good Smile
Back to top Go down
Sangheili
Admin
Admin
Sangheili

Male
Number of posts : 658
AoF Organisation Role : Ancient Observer
Registration date : 2008-01-04
Phoenix Grace : 6236

PostSubject: Re: Overview of recent posts   Overview of recent posts EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 4:04 pm

on the programming bit, maybe w should recruit one somewhere??? or find summat on the internet tellin us what we need to know, you can find anything on the internet, long as you're prepared to look for decades and decades and decades and de..... you get my point
Back to top Go down
http://www.theplague.freeforums.org
Mokum
Mokum

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-11-24
Phoenix Grace : 5688

PostSubject: Re: Overview of recent posts   Overview of recent posts EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 4:28 am

I was afraid of that, Geromix, we need someone with programming skills.
Sadly, I don't have those.

Another tip: from the Freelancer - Void AoF page, we could also use the link underneath de forum-list, which says 'Today's acive topics'.
If only I found that earlier...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overview of recent posts   Overview of recent posts Empty

Back to top Go down

Overview of recent posts
Page 1 of 1