Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

Oh the time that has passed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dragonfury
dragonfury

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-26
Phoenix Grace : 4777

Oh the time that has passed Empty
PostSubject: Oh the time that has passed   Oh the time that has passed EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi Geronomix! I don't think you'll remember me, as I was only active for a small while

Oh the time that has passed indeed... Playing Freelancer online on The Void... You guys are the first clan I've ever been in, and The Void was the first forum I was on. I remember how naive I was back then, giving ingame money earned through trading to random online AoF members asking them to pass it on to the leaders not knowing that not everyone is reliable ^_^. I've played so many games since then, am active on other clans, and have gained so much experience in general, but this is where it all started Smile. I remember how peaceful it felt to go into turret view and just look at the background while my trading vessel was in-flight in the trade lanes. Peaceful, untill I reached the world where I had to dock, with several pirates around it looking for something to shoot up :X.
I play mainly shooters now, with the odd amount of Age of Chivalry and Starcraft 2. I'm a good pubber, with generally positive k/d while playing the objective, but I have no scrim/competitive experience. My steam username is dragonfury, so hit me up on there.

I still have the signature you made for me at the time Very Happy I found it while browsing to my old DeviantArt account, and remembered The Void, and clicked the link in your signature there.

Oh the time that has passed The_signature_someone_made_me_by_dragon_fury
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6794

PostSubject: Re: Oh the time that has passed   Oh the time that has passed EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:43 am

Remarkable!

Very Happy

Good to see you after such a long time. And great see you have progressed far ahead in the gaming world. Very Happy

You still have the sig. It was one of the earliest sigs i ever made. Smile

Well AoF did expand a lot after u left. We played in a number of other games, at one point we had nearly 200 active members in as many as 7 branches.
But that was then. Now many leaders have left and RL has consumed all our lives including mine. Sad

The Void is nearly dead for all practical purposes. We are no longer there.

Now we play in only one game( Ikariam i.e. a browser strategy game)with about 50 members there.
I am kind of semi retired, though i do hope to return big time once again and leave AoF on the MMO gaming world from where it will never decline. Leaders are always necessary for this. Hopefully something can be achieved.

Do drop in whenever u can. We were hoping to play Black Prophecy once it gets completely released.

Regards
Geromix

Back to top Go down
https://aof-association.forumotion.com
dragonfury
dragonfury

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-26
Phoenix Grace : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Oh the time that has passed   Oh the time that has passed EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 4:33 am

(Am downloading Black Prophecy now, took a look at the FAQ:)

Is Black Prophecy anything like Eve Online?

Black Prophecy is a Massively Multiplayer Online Space Shooter with role-play elements focussing on fast and exciting real-time combat space battles. Our approach is to provide quick and easy game fun without the necessity to develop your character over months. So besides the fact that both games play in space, they do not have much more in common.

I hate grinding, so this is good news for me, I'll try the game out ^^
Back to top Go down
Arch_Vile
Admin
Admin
Arch_Vile

Male
Number of posts : 906
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Ikariam Kappa, Leader/Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6426

PostSubject: Re: Oh the time that has passed   Oh the time that has passed EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:38 am

Hey man, Im Arch-Vile,played in Void once, tho i never knew you but glad to see old-timers back here. Hey btw if you want you can join us at Ikariam,i have an acct available. Most AoF veterans are there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh the time that has passed   Oh the time that has passed Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh the time that has passed
Page 1 of 1