Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 658
AoF Organisation Role : Ancient Observer
Registration date : 2008-01-04
Phoenix Grace : 4150

PostSubject: Desire to play (originally by geromix)   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:07 pm

i thought this was an amazing article made by geromix, so i brought it from the old forums to here. didnt want to risk losing it Very Happy

The desire to play online game is evenly distributed amongst races, gender or culture. The inherent desire to get more pleasure for little or nothing is the reason why people find online games so pleasurable.Online gaming has seduced everyone from the ninety-year-old grandfather to the barely legal young adults. Online gaming is more prevalent and popular today than any other time in human history.

VIDEO games get a bad press. Many are unquestionably violent and, as has been the way with new media from novels to comic books to television, they have been accused of corrupting the moral fabric of youth. Nor are such accusations without merit.Barely a day goes by when video games, generally Grand Theft Auto, are blamed for something evil.

But not all games are shoot-’em-ups, and what is less examined is whether those that reward more constructive behaviour also have lingering impacts.Video games are like any other medium. Feed the user with aggressive thoughts and you risk making him aggressive. Feed him with the milk of human kindness and the opposite will probably happen. No great surprise, perhaps.

Research shows that active video games offer a great alternative to moderate exercise for many children of today’s generation who are sedentary and at high risk for obesity and diabetes.Many games are good for your eyesight and being involved in clan activities make you hone your leadership skills and you learn how to deal with people-human resource management.Knowing people from around the world gives you better understanding of world and broadens your mind.

A salutary reminder both that the older generation should not rush to judgment on youthful habits it does not understand, and that the medium is not always the message.It is advisable that you treat online games as an entertainment and a fun activity.

note: i take no credit for this, it all goes to geromix. cos hes just that awesome Twisted Evil

In another time, I led us to glory.

Now I watch for those who can do it better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theplague.freeforums.org
Cugix
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 453
AoF Organisation Role : |AoF Executive Chairman & GC Rep||SWTOR Branch Leader/Founder|
Registration date : 2008-08-08
Phoenix Grace : 4131

PostSubject: Re: Desire to play (originally by geromix)   Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:16 pm

can i wtf about this?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sangheili
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Desire to play (originally by geromix)   Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:57 am

o_0 whadya mean?

Back to top Go down
Cugix
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 453
AoF Organisation Role : |AoF Executive Chairman & GC Rep||SWTOR Branch Leader/Founder|
Registration date : 2008-08-08
Phoenix Grace : 4131

PostSubject: Re: Desire to play (originally by geromix)   Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:19 am

i don't get it xD

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geromix
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 4721

PostSubject: Re: Desire to play (originally by geromix)   Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:45 am

Good Posting

Thanks for posting this. But i guess everybody knows this.

Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Desire to play (originally by geromix)   Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:57 am

yeah, but its still nice to have it around for new players, and for people who dont want to spend time thinking themselves.

nd cugix, im afraid i cant help you on that one. which is kinda weird...

Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1158
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14
Phoenix Grace : 4337

PostSubject: Re: Desire to play (originally by geromix)   Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:55 pm

He is... unhelpable. A psychiatrists dream, in other words. Or their nightmare. Depends whether they're female or not, really. Hell, I'd hate to think what would happene if they were even just androgynous Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desire to play (originally by geromix)   

Back to top Go down

Desire to play (originally by geromix)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community :: Extras :: Offtopic Discussion-
Jump to: