Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community
 
HomePortal2GalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

Share | 
 

 Anime thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vermal
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 21
Age : 27
Location : England
AoF Organisation Role : X-Wing/A-Wing pilot
Registration date : 2010-03-11
Phoenix Grace : 3028

PostSubject: Anime thread   Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Hey guys!

Just wondering if there's any other peeps out there in AoF that enjoy watching a good anime every now and then?

If not, then I feel lonely and slightly lame Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comfort
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1158
Age : 25
Location : Auckland, New Zealand
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14
Phoenix Grace : 4254

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:22 am

Vermal wrote:
If not, then I feel lonely and slightly lame Sad

Prepare to feel more than slightly lame. We tend to upgrade everything we can around here.

Ask Edam if you find him though, I'm sure you'll get into a good conversation there. Can't remember if he still plays, but he pops up on the Voidserver forums from time to time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geromix
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1345
Age : 28
Location : India
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 4638

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:29 am

I am a big fan of Naruto. Very Happy
Though I haven't watched many episodes of Shippuden but i do read the manga every week.


Besides Naruto,the only other Anime i ever really loved is Dragonball and all its series.

So you are not lonely!

-Geromix

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aof-association.forumotion.com
Vermal
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 21
Age : 27
Location : England
AoF Organisation Role : X-Wing/A-Wing pilot
Registration date : 2010-03-11
Phoenix Grace : 3028

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:59 am

Woot! Naruto is awesome Very Happy haven't read much of the manga though but I know what happens Wink

I used to watch DBZ, twas awesome! Ghost in the Shell is on of my all time faves though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SiniX
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 17
Location : near Cugix
AoF Organisation Role : AoF X-wing pilot
Registration date : 2009-04-19
Phoenix Grace : 3344

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:22 am

hmm i seen my share of hantai but normal anime only sumthing with singing mermaids
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titan
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 895
Location : Northern Ireland
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 4216

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:18 pm

I used to watch DBZ quite a bit but that was years ago, not really into Anime anymore Neutral

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comfort
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1158
Age : 25
Location : Auckland, New Zealand
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14
Phoenix Grace : 4254

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:17 pm

Oh god, Dragonball Z. The show of a thousand episodes (for one event)!

Damn good show though, did used to watch that on Saturdays...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geromix
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1345
Age : 28
Location : India
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 4638

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:56 am

Comfort wrote:
Oh god, Dragonball Z. The show of a thousand episodes (for one event)!

Damn good show though, did used to watch that on Saturdays...

lol!

It is mostly brawn vs brawn with endless punches,kicks and special moves. Smile

-Geromix

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aof-association.forumotion.com
NoblePink
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 5
Age : 32
Location : Malaysia
Registration date : 2011-05-29
Phoenix Grace : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:03 pm

lv99 thread necromancy Very Happy


Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-ray Volume 3 by NoblePink, on Flickr

Cost around 80USD per volume, and only contains 2 episodes (total episodes - 12).

Currently watching this season:
- Ikoku Meiro no Croisée - Japanese girl in 19th century France
- Usagi Drop - this will seriously stir up your parental instincts
- Ao no Exorcist (aka Blue Exorcist) - the better shonen series than the other big 3 (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece)
- Ro-Kyu-Bu! - Err... I watch it for the basketball? Very Happy
- Hanasaku Iroha - Hot spring inn management, lot of drama
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titan
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 895
Location : Northern Ireland
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 4216

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:39 pm

NoblePink wrote:
lv99 thread necromancy Very Happy

Pro.

That would need to be some good anime for $80 O_O

I'll assume it is. I know nothing about anything here.

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cugix
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 453
Age : 33
Location : Earth
AoF Organisation Role : |AoF Executive Chairman & GC Rep||SWTOR Branch Leader/Founder|
Registration date : 2008-08-08
Phoenix Grace : 4048

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Since when do we have a hentai thread?

_________________




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titan
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 895
Location : Northern Ireland
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 4216

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Teh fudge is hentai actually?!?!

*Complete noob alert Noob *

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 780
Location : Northern Ireland
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Executive - Administrative Director
Registration date : 2007-12-15
Phoenix Grace : 4254

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 am

Looks like it would be in Japanese too, id say you would resort to subtitles. Hate stuff like that... who do they think they are, forcing me to read?! lol

Anyway, past kids cartoons i have never had much interest in the anime side of things.

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comfort
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1158
Age : 25
Location : Auckland, New Zealand
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14
Phoenix Grace : 4254

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:53 am

DarkGhost wrote:
Looks like it would be in Japanese too, id say you would resort to subtitles. Hate stuff like that... who do they think they are, forcing me to read?! lol

Considering the quality of any american dubs... I would go with the subtitles. If, of course, the person translating isn't doing it via online translator engine.


No, I have nothing productive to say about anime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoblePink
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 5
Age : 32
Location : Malaysia
Registration date : 2011-05-29
Phoenix Grace : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:51 am

Titan wrote:
Pro.

That would need to be some good anime for $80 O_O

I'll assume it is. I know nothing about anything here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica
Quote :
The first BD volume sold 53,000 copies in its first week, 22,000 of which were sold on its first day, breaking the record previously held by the sixth BD volume of Bakemonogatari.[19] The second volume sold 54,000 copies, breaking its own record.[20] A live broadcast of the entire series streamed on Nico Nico Douga on June 18, 2011 gathered around 1 million viewers, surpassing the previous record of 570,000 held by Lucky Star.[21]

Cugix wrote:
Since when do we have a hentai thread?
Err... like never? Hentai stuffs are never shown even on Japanese TV. And the series closest to hentai I ever watched was Yousga no Sora.

Titan wrote:
Teh fudge is hentai actually?!?!

*Complete noob alert Noob *
Cartoon porn. Go wiki if you want details. Razz

DarkGhost wrote:
Looks like it would be in Japanese too, id say you would resort to subtitles. Hate stuff like that... who do they think they are, forcing me to read?! lol

Anyway, past kids cartoons i have never had much interest in the anime side of things.
These are Japanese BDs (not localized US releases). Pure Japanese audio + commentary from the voice actors, bonus drama/ soundtrack CD, no subtitles at all. But I already memorized the dialogs from the fansub versions so it's not really a problem at all.

Comfort wrote:
Considering the quality of any american dubs... I would go with the subtitles. If, of course, the person translating isn't doing it via online translator engine.


No, I have nothing productive to say about anime.
From what I see now from http://www.crunchyroll.com/ (a legal anime straming site) their english subtitles are really good. Samurai X's English dub is pretty good when I watch it but still I prefer subs over dubs.

Anyway, just started to watch Higurashi When They Cry. Seriously despite the cute characters this series is not for the faint-hearted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cugix
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 453
Age : 33
Location : Earth
AoF Organisation Role : |AoF Executive Chairman & GC Rep||SWTOR Branch Leader/Founder|
Registration date : 2008-08-08
Phoenix Grace : 4048

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:46 am

I still think we can't approve of a hentai thread...

_________________




Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 780
Location : Northern Ireland
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Executive - Administrative Director
Registration date : 2007-12-15
Phoenix Grace : 4254

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:55 am

Titan that rules you out from watching it. Razz lol

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titan
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 895
Location : Northern Ireland
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 4216

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:29 pm



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica
Quote :
The first BD volume sold 53,000 copies in its first week, 22,000 of which were sold on its first day, breaking the record previously held by the sixth BD volume of Bakemonogatari.[19] The second volume sold 54,000 copies, breaking its own record.[20] A live broadcast of the entire series streamed on Nico Nico Douga on June 18, 2011 gathered around 1 million viewers, surpassing the previous record of 570,000 held by Lucky Star.[21]

So it is good Razz

NoblePink wrote:

Cartoon porn. Go wiki if you want details. Razz

See I thought that fell under hentai as like a sub-genre or something... so hentai is just porn then? lol... ffs things just started making more sense, I think :S

NoblePink wrote:

These are Japanese BDs (not localized US releases). Pure Japanese audio + commentary from the voice actors, bonus drama/ soundtrack CD, no subtitles at all. But I already memorized the dialogs from the fansub versions so it's not really a problem at all.

So you watch it in a language you don't actually speak? You just got my vote for resident anime fan in that case Wink

NoblePink wrote:
From what I see now from http://www.crunchyroll.com/ (a legal anime straming site) their english subtitles are really good. Samurai X's English dub is pretty good when I watch it but still I prefer subs over dubs.

Anyway, just started to watch Higurashi When They Cry. Seriously despite the cute characters this series is not for the faint-hearted.

Question: For a complete anime noob is there any you would recomend? I do like fantasy themes and I do really like anime art work but from what I've seen most anime is just young girls running around in short skirts or Japenese people in weird settings which I don't understand. I realise that's such a stereotype but honestly that's what I think Rolling Eyes

So yeah..... if someone can find me anime I like with just that information they are masters of it lol.

Cugix wrote:
I still think we can't approve of a hentai thread...

Yeah I don't think it would be very suitable for this forum ¬_¬

DarkGhost wrote:
Titan that rules you out from watching it. Razz lol

Already found a way to beat the system. Get Japanese version - whatever age restriction laws they have won't apply in the UK - ???? - profit.

That's still implying I want to watch cartoon porn -_- (inb4moarsarcasm)

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkGhost
AoF Legend
AoF Legend
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 780
Location : Northern Ireland
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Executive - Administrative Director
Registration date : 2007-12-15
Phoenix Grace : 4254

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:25 am

Yeah a cartoon porn thread is out of the question on the AoF forums. sorry. lol

_________________



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titan
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 895
Location : Northern Ireland
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 4216

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:18 am

Did someone actually suggest one or did I miss that? :S

_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comfort
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1158
Age : 25
Location : Auckland, New Zealand
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14
Phoenix Grace : 4254

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:14 am

Gotta love how discussions about anime tend to end up being discussions about porn. Suppose that comes from having all of 2 (3?) active female members in the entire alliance (that I can remember).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoblePink
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 5
Age : 32
Location : Malaysia
Registration date : 2011-05-29
Phoenix Grace : 2558

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:24 am

Titan wrote:
Question: For a complete anime noob is there any you would recomend? I do like fantasy themes and I do really like anime art work but from what I've seen most anime is just young girls running around in short skirts or Japenese people in weird settings which I don't understand. I realise that's such a stereotype but honestly that's what I think Rolling Eyes

So yeah..... if someone can find me anime I like with just that information they are masters of it lol.
>like fantasy themes
>Japenese people in weird settings which I don't understand


Can't compute.. XD

But since you're a guy I'll just be safe and recommend Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Ao no Exorcist. More actions/ drama and less draggy like *coughbleachcough*.


Comfort wrote:
Gotta love how discussions about anime tend to end up being discussions about porn. Suppose that comes from having all of 2 (3?) active female members in the entire alliance (that I can remember).




TL note: Wakarimasen lol means "I dunno lol" Razz

Seriously I don't mind a little "fan service" in my animes, but I definately not a fan of hentai hahaha. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cugix
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 453
Age : 33
Location : Earth
AoF Organisation Role : |AoF Executive Chairman & GC Rep||SWTOR Branch Leader/Founder|
Registration date : 2008-08-08
Phoenix Grace : 4048

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:03 pm

I was right all along all hail awesome me

_________________




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titan
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 895
Location : Northern Ireland
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 4216

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:20 am

NoblePink wrote:
Titan wrote:
Question: For a complete anime noob is there any you would recomend? I do like fantasy themes and I do really like anime art work but from what I've seen most anime is just young girls running around in short skirts or Japenese people in weird settings which I don't understand. I realise that's such a stereotype but honestly that's what I think Rolling Eyes

So yeah..... if someone can find me anime I like with just that information they are masters of it lol.
>like fantasy themes
>Japenese people in weird settings which I don't understand


Can't compute.. XD

But since you're a guy I'll just be safe and recommend Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Ao no Exorcist. More actions/ drama and less draggy like *coughbleachcough*.

Lol! Ok, I've heard of that one actually so I'll have a look sometime. Two of my mates are really into bleach... it looks shite

Cugix wrote:
I was right all along all hail awesome me

Cugix is crazy... Rolling Eyes




_________________


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comfort
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1158
Age : 25
Location : Auckland, New Zealand
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14
Phoenix Grace : 4254

PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:24 am

Titan wrote:
Cugix wrote:
I was right all along all hail awesome me

Cugix is crazy... Rolling Eyes

Because that wasn't obvious at all. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anime thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Anime thread
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community :: Extras :: Offtopic Discussion-
Jump to: