Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

Checking out Disco

Go down 
+2
Draugr
Geromix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 6772

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:43 am

My first time on Disco.

Yes, that is true, I am checking out Disco now and seeing how things are there.

The mod is really good and the player base is something you may have never seen on FL,as you all may know.
Some really coll in-game commands like restart command and rename command. Very Happy

Currently setting up my character.

More reports on my adventures in Disco would come soon. I am already eying a few factions.

-Geromix
Back to top Go down
https://aof-association.forumotion.com
Draugr
Draugr

Male
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-11
Phoenix Grace : 5150

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:28 pm

My advice would be to get enough money to fully equip a Spatial SHF (linky), and go exploring as a Freelancer in that. It can handle most anything thrown at it (except destroyers and above ofc Razz), unless you manage to rile up the locals so much that several players will be going after you. It's a good way of going around Sirius, and seeing what the different territories have to offer Smile (I'm partial to Bretonia, for some reason. Both on the lawful and the unlawful side.) I'm curious about what you'll end up doing, just be advised: you'll want to have a good feel for the place before you set up a clan there, as it's not easy to do it "right".
By the way, drop me your char names, will ya? It's quite rare that I'm online these days, but who knows, we might bump into each other Razz
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male
Number of posts : 1158
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14
Phoenix Grace : 6388

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:42 pm

Pfft, you're going about that the wrong way. Save up? Why? Just take what you have and learn to run like a spastic cat. Seriously, I can discover half the Void in a Patriot*. What can YOU do?

*Maaay be overestimating here. Probably a third.
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:28 am

I am currently flying with the name of George.Russell.

Hopefully i will buy the Deep Space Explorer soon.

From what i have read and seen,a few things regarding which factions are 'available' and 'not available'-

>Zoner Faction-

Ideally speaking, AoF would have preferred to play with this faction but there already 3 official Zoner factions and one player group that has applied for becoming official.
They are-
1. TAZ-Temporary Autonomous Zoners
2. Omicron Supply Industries(somewhat similar to AoF)
3. Zoner Trading Consortium(very similar to AoF)
4. Zoner Ore Extraction(Zoner mining faction)

So basically the Zoner faction is 'saturated' and it is really out of the question as we will never be able to differentiate from existing factions and thus we are not likely to make a mark.

>Other Factions
Most other factions in the Disco RP space also have some kind of representation from a player group or faction. However,having said that I am surprised that there are many freelancers flying around and they are not in factions or player groups.

Also Admins have recently warned a few factions for failing to keep up with the official requirements. At the moment the decision on which factions to be made unofficial hasn't been made but there could be more 'open RP spaces' for us later on.

> Gallic Factions
But the House where there is real opportunity is Gallia,the new House. It has very little representation maybe because of the fact that the Gallic Core Worlds have yet to be revealed and maybe only revealed in the next version of the mod.
And also if you are a Gallic faction you are expected to remain in Gallia and not venture to other Sirrian systems.(This may change depending on the storyline for next mod)

Lawful Factions of Gallia-
1.Gallia Royal Police-
I don't think this is represented officially. I have checked and its faction creation request is dead,it got inactive.

2. Corporate factions-
a)Gallic Metal Service(Mining faction)
b) IDF Shipping (trade,shipping faction)

EPL Oil & Machinery is another corporate faction but it has been taken by another group.

There is another corporate faction called Solar Engineering which isn't present in the mod right now because it is only present in the Core Worlds which are not part of the mod right now.

We could easily be a corporate faction. We could start with one corporate faction maybe IDF Shipping and then build on it.
If we attain good size then we can even eye an expansion in the form of starting another player group for Gallic Metal Service.
This way both trading and mining aspects(which is very profitable and good in Disco) will be covered by us and we will dominate commercial activities in Gallia.

Unlawful Gallic Factions

-The Maquis is more of a terrorist faction and is represented. Application is active and being considered.

-Gallic Brigands is a big unlawful faction that is indulges in various black market activities. Smuggling is there and forms an integral part of the faction. It also may expand into the Taus later on. Its application is put on hold due to lack of activity.

We can 'takeover' the the faction in a 'merger deal'.

-Unione Corse is a smaller unlawful faction. Is not represented properly by a player group. Therefore,this faction is also open for us.

There is also the Council which fights the Royalist of Gallia(Police and Navy).But this is represented by an official faction.

The biggest complaint I heard about Gallia is the lack of large scale RP activity there. The RP environment hasn't 'clicked' there yet and so if we are to become a Gallic faction then we will have to Create Activity there.

For those who don't know about this factions they can visit Discovery Wiki-
http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/

-Geromix
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Draugr

Male

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:51 am

Hmm, Gallia? While I don't really play Disco these days, as I has teh lagz, from my experience, Gallia has pretty much always had the lowest player activity out of all the different territories. It probably has something to do with the fact that even current(!) Gallia is not completely finished, according to the devs, and it is pretty much cut off from the rest of Sirius. However, this may also benefit you, as I've heard that trading there is very safe. Not sure about what in-House routes exist there, though, but there are some pretty good ones that sell goods from Gallia in other Houses. The problem, though, is what to take back in Smile Not to mention the fact that afaik new players still start out hostile to the GRP and GRN.

I wouldn't recommend the Gallic Miners, the faction isn't in the mining system yet. (check this thread for info.)

I have another suggestion for you, though: as far as I know, the Gallic Junkers aren't represented by any player faction yet. (Only one lone roleplayer Razz) That might be a good idea, since you can be somewhat neutral then, it's a good RP background, and equipment-wise, the Junkers have a lot to choose from. They even have a full array of ships, missing only dedicated cruisers/battleships of their own. (The Salvager frigate is pretty nifty, though. A cross between a large transport and a gunboat, which can even mine scrap metal.) I think it's worth considering Smile
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Oooh, I was going to suggest Junkers. Sounds good, then. To Gallia! (tantarantan!)
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 3:50 am

I don't see anything about GMS,Gallic Miners in that thread...

Also i don't see a separate Gallic Junkers faction,it seems the Junkers are one faction and there is already a player faction called Junkers Congress. I don't see how we can have a player group for Junkers in such a case,if i am right. scratch

-Geromix
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:00 am

T'would pay to keep the information flowing here. I should really be researching Disco myself, at this point... that is, if I want to know anything about it to decide factions.
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:05 am

Well we really need to decide on the faction and only then can we work on building ourselves there.

I am doing most of the exploration in Open SP mode with all NPC factions being friendly.
This makes it easier to make decisions in Multi-player.

Also I am working my way to get a Camara.See this-

Camara

-Geromix
Back to top Go down
Vermal
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Vermal

Male
Number of posts : 21
AoF Organisation Role : X-Wing/A-Wing pilot
Phoenix Grace : 5162

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 4:39 am

Just been reading what everybody's put and Disco sounds pretty damn good! (if it's active enough) I personally haven't played on that server before so I will feel as though I will need somebody's hand to hold onto Crying or Very sad

Although i'm not sure what kinda roleplay we could go into, i trust your judgements (but I will also look into it later when I get the time)

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Draugr
Draugr

Male

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 7:20 am

Geromix wrote:
I don't see anything about GMS,Gallic Miners in that thread...
Precisely Very Happy
Dusty posted somewhere else that they will be in later, but I didn't want to dig up that thread.

Geromix wrote:
Also i don't see a separate Gallic Junkers faction,it seems the Junkers are one faction and there is already a player faction called Junkers Congress. I don't see how we can have a player group for Junkers in such a case,if i am right. scratch
Nope, there isn't a Gallic Junkers NPC faction, just like there isn't a Bounty Hunters Guild Core NPC faction, no separate Zoner factions, and so on. There can be multiple player factions based on an NPC faction, though: see the Zoners for the biggest example Razz Read up a bit on Gallia's story: you'll find that the Junkers were present there even before they were reunited with the rest of Sirius! There's even speculation that the other Junkers were the spies of the Gallia Junkers. I think it'd be worth it to read up on this more, it could be a sound base for RP.

Ah, the Camara. She's a fine ship, I made good money with mining scrap around Pittsburgh with her Razz Funnily enough, it seems that the larger freighter and transport you have, the faster you'll be able to progress on to even larger ones. Except the super transports, that is - those cost a ton compared to how much more cargo space they have than the smaller ones :/ I suggest you go for a Bumblebee: that's an excellent ship to really start out trading in.
Hey, I'll send some money your way to buy one later. Nobody should have to trudge through trading with a freighter Razz (Yep, you can send credits to offline characters as well. It's a pretty handy feature.)
Back to top Go down
SiniX
SiniX

Female
AoF Organisation Role : AoF X-wing pilot
Registration date : 2009-04-19
Phoenix Grace : 5478

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:35 am

i still destest disco Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:41 pm

SiniX wrote:
i still destest disco Very Happy

Have fun being the bitter old woman, then Razz
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:24 am

Draugr wrote:

Nope, there isn't a Gallic Junkers NPC faction, just like there isn't a Bounty Hunters Guild Core NPC faction, no separate Zoner factions, and so on. There can be multiple player factions based on an NPC faction, though: see the Zoners for the biggest example Razz Read up a bit on Gallia's story: you'll find that the Junkers were present there even before they were reunited with the rest of Sirius! There's even speculation that the other Junkers were the spies of the Gallia Junkers. I think it'd be worth it to read up on this more, it could be a sound base for RP.

Ah, the Camara. She's a fine ship, I made good money with mining scrap around Pittsburgh with her Razz Funnily enough, it seems that the larger freighter and transport you have, the faster you'll be able to progress on to even larger ones. Except the super transports, that is - those cost a ton compared to how much more cargo space they have than the smaller ones :/ I suggest you go for a Bumblebee: that's an excellent ship to really start out trading in.
Hey, I'll send some money your way to buy one later. Nobody should have to trudge through trading with a freighter Razz (Yep, you can send credits to offline characters as well. It's a pretty handy feature.)

I am wondering whether the community will accept this Gallic Junkers faction. A lot of it is based on speculation.

Junkers in Gallia are not a faction that appears very distinct from other Junkers in Sirius. Neutral

But lets see,building up a sound RP base for such a faction is a tough job and more so when there is no NPC faction for it and not much 'canon literature' to rely on.

More research is needed,particularly in-game.

And special thanks to cmdrsaman for the 10 mil,going for the Bumblebee now.

EDIT-
I will be making a Gallic character to explore Gallia.

The name of the char will be-
Jerome.Bonafont

(^^If we go for a faction in Gallia then we all most likely need to have French names. lol! Think of a French name other than Napoleon.)

-Geromix
Back to top Go down
Vermal
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Vermal

Male
Number of posts : 21
AoF Organisation Role : X-Wing/A-Wing pilot
Phoenix Grace : 5162

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:49 am

french?! God dammit Laughing urm...urm...urm...

Zineddine Zidane?

Cool
Back to top Go down
SiniX
SiniX

Female
AoF Organisation Role : AoF X-wing pilot
Registration date : 2009-04-19
Phoenix Grace : 5478

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:52 am

noo soccer plz that's for suckers
Back to top Go down
Arch_Vile
Admin
Admin
Arch_Vile

Male
Number of posts : 906
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Ikariam Kappa, Leader/Home Secretary
Phoenix Grace : 6404

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:14 pm

ouch lady im a soccer fan...you hurt me bad. anyway vermal haha zidane, lets go head butt some italians hahaha.

anyway if you guys could make an interesting RP for the junkers and hit the sweet spot you can make it over there with high player base Smile
Back to top Go down
Geromix
Admin
Admin
Geromix

Male

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Junkers is just an idea at the moment.

I have asked a few people about the factions and they pointed me to GMS and Gallic Brigands. scratch

-Geromix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Checking out Disco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out Disco   Checking out Disco Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking out Disco
Page 1 of 1