Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 658
AoF Organisation Role : Ancient Observer
Registration date : 2008-01-04
Phoenix Grace : 4271

PostSubject: Tribalwars disband   Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:47 am

right, the 2 ppl who volunteered to be leaders went inactive, so i disbanded AoF

i sent a message to the remaining 3 active ppl to come to the forums if they want to remain with AoF

this is the first branch to fail like this

maybe we can try for a TW branch in the future

i've moved all TW forums into the archives

In another time, I led us to glory.

Now I watch for those who can do it better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.theplague.freeforums.org
x Arbiter x
AoF Leader
AoF Leader

Male
Number of posts : 202
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Grand Vizier
Registration date : 2008-09-13
Phoenix Grace : 3788

PostSubject: Re: Tribalwars disband   Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:51 am

Maybe we were not ready...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geromix
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1345
AoF Organisation Role : AoF Chief Mentor
Registration date : 2007-11-29
Phoenix Grace : 4842

PostSubject: Re: Tribalwars disband   Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:35 pm

Well at least this has moved on and a decision has been taken.

I wonder whether the three active guys will come here and play other games.

Other than that we should move on and play other games,i now dislike browser games because they reduce interaction between members of the branch and the general community.

People keep to themselves,nobody knows anything and then the branch fails.

Browser games are good for single gaming clans but for a multi-gaming clan like ours browser games are not good.

In future there would be tougher standards for people if they propose browser game branches to be AoF,more members and greater forum participation is a MUST.

Take example of Void branch,almost all senior leaders of AoF have come from FL Void branch our first branch except for Arbiter and char561.
Comfort,Sang,Kevlar,Cugix,Albert,Titan,DarkGhost and many others like my self have come from there.
pennygeng is also a potential who is an exception but there is mightybean as well who comes from Void branch again.

Why is that?

Our Leadership is becoming 'top down' and 'lop sided' with one gaming branch producing maximum number of leaders.
Yes there are good leaders in Ikariam and Ogame but very few have reached the "Top AoF Leadership" status and very very few actually have what i call "Inter-Branch Leadership potential" that is they don't rise above their branches and their leadership is restricted to their branch only.(Intra-Branch Leadership)

Therefore we should look for games that are conventional and 'REAL' either on PC platform or consoles.That could bring us 'quality membership' which is much needed.

Unfortunately even in recently established PP branch not many PP branch members have visited forums except the leaders again.And that is again disappointing.

But that is a different issue.

-Geromix

AoF Friend
AoF Friend

Male
Number of posts : 511
AoF Organisation Role : AoF X-Wing Founder/President, AoF Tribal Wars Duke, AoF Forum Admin
Registration date : 2008-05-14
Phoenix Grace : 4333

PostSubject: Re: Tribalwars disband   Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:21 pm

I personally think we should steer away from console games for the time being because i forsee us having even more problems then we do with browser based games in trying to find members to be active on the forums. at least in browser based games people can have this up at the same time or dont have to move to their computer to get on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tribalwars disband   

Back to top Go down

Tribalwars disband
Page 1 of 1