Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

Age of Empires 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male
Number of posts : 1158
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14
Phoenix Grace : 6417

Age of Empires 3 Empty
PostSubject: Age of Empires 3   Age of Empires 3 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:37 pm

Alright. Since apparently we need to move into actual games rather than browser-based ones, I thought I might as well suggest AoE 3. Contrary to the fact that the game was put out several years ago, the community is still going, and there are many members on every day. I usually see at least a thousand online (or so they tell me, lol).

I'm still a bit of a noob at online gaming, and anyone who wants to join might want to have a look at some strategies first. I, for one, learned a few things from one person I met. But, I still absolutely fail at booming, with me usually barely in the Colonial age while some guy is already in the Fortress Age Laughing

Well, getting to the point. I think it would be a good idea to set up our clan here, especially since it would be our first strategy-based game. It is very addictive playing online, and you get invited to a game every few seconds (which can get annoying, especially when they bombard you with 4 at once). Unfortunately, I won't be able to head this division, since I am seriously involved in the Void and am eagerly awaiting my old info off my hard drive from my last PC. I hope someone will step up to the task, because it's a pretty basic game - even those who have never played before can learn quite quickly. And I'll be happy to train if you need it, although don't expect to learn too much lol.

Well, happy journeys to anyone who wishes to found this branch, if it gets a chance in the first place, lol. In any case, thanks for considering this post. And yes, there is a clan systems in place in Ensemble Studios Online. I was thinking the Pheonix Regulatory Battalion [PRB] - what d'ya think? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male
Number of posts : 895
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 6379

Age of Empires 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires 3   Age of Empires 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:49 am

I loved age of empires 2, i remember me and my cousin playing the first 2 at his house when i was younger Smile

He has AoE3 so i might borrow it some time and have a go with it online. Doubt i would be heading a division for AoF on it but it would be fun to play a childhood classic again...

now where the heck is my copy of AoE2??? Razz
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male

Age of Empires 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires 3   Age of Empires 3 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Beware, AoE 3 has a completely different system to AoE 2. First of all, the card system - then, the difference between civilisations. Everyone from the Ottomans to the Portgeuse all have special units and different ways of getting settlers. Baffled me at first, lol.

btw, if you ever get to level thirty in a civilisation, go to the Home City Menu and upgrade your special feature thingy (forget what it is, but it changes the city surroundings, not the shipment deck or anything), and select the upgrade 'city chatter'. It's kind of funny, but that guy going round saying "May I powder your wig, sir?" made me laugh constantly Laughing
Back to top Go down
Titan
Admin
Admin
Titan

Male
Number of posts : 895
AoF Organisation Role : AoF President
Registration date : 2007-12-03
Phoenix Grace : 6379

Age of Empires 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires 3   Age of Empires 3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 11:11 am

Yeah the 3rd is quite different and personally i think the 2nd was the best! Can't find the CD for it so am sad now Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Comfort
Admin
Admin
Comfort

Male

Age of Empires 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires 3   Age of Empires 3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:54 pm

lol, don't be sad. I liked it too, although the Campaigns were damn near impossible... I like the new one mostly because I actually have accurate ranged units now. Those Crossbowmen just didn't do it for me Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Age of Empires 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Empires 3   Age of Empires 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Age of Empires 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community :: Extras :: Other Games+Propose Games for AoF to Play-
Jump to: