Alliance of Freelancers - Gaming Community

Home of the Alliance of Freelancer Gaming Community

HomePortal2GalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to AoF Website!!

Share | 

TA crash Wed feb 25 @ EHAM (official RNLAF report)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cugix
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 453
AoF Organisation Role : |AoF Executive Chairman & GC Rep||SWTOR Branch Leader/Founder|
Registration date : 2008-08-08
Phoenix Grace : 4192

PostSubject: TA crash Wed feb 25 @ EHAM (official RNLAF report)   Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:00 am

Wed feb 25:
0830LT: Flight TK1951 departs from Istanbul

1004LT: Flight TK1951 reports in with EHAM Approch, and is directed to an altitude of 2000ft (FL020 V 600m) and is to land on runway 18R AKA "Polderbaan"

1008LT: Flight TK1951's black box registers a diffirence between the right and left radio altimeter, left one idicates a false height of -8ft whilst the right one indicates a correct 1950ft. Due to the fog the pilots decided to make an autopilot landing, this causes the autopilot to reduce throttle to 0 and flare. The pilots don't notice because lack of situation awareness, they both fail to check both altimeters as would be normal with a flare.

1010LT: Flight TK1951's pilots finally start to wonder why they are still flaring when they check altimeters it's already to late, black box registers a failed attempt to revive from the hazardous situation; N1 is increased to maximum. But all is too late, Flight TK1951 disappeard from EHAM's radar and contact is lost.

1013LT: EHAM is on full alert Flight TK1951 is missing and there are coming in reports from resque services that a Turkish Airways aircraft came down in 3 pieces in an aker. the TA aircraft is indentified as Flight TK1951

=====
TA officials claim the crash was caused by terbulance of another plane landing prior to Flight TK1951 and the EHAM airtraffic controlers are to blame for the crash. TA also claimed there were no casualties whilst the dutch emergency services announced the 3 man cockpit crew died on impact.

Pieter van Vollenhoven, leader of the investigation commity, announces the cause of the crash: Malfunctioning Left Radio Altimeter and Pilot Error: the pilots should have checked the altimeters when the plane started flaring, and their reaction to the flare came way to late... they should have check the situation out when the flare lasted longer then 10sec not 2mins.
Futher investigation pointed out the left altimeter had been reported as malfunctioning twice before, TA failed to repair/repair or even check the altimeters. There for the fault does not lay with EHAM but with TA, TA let the plane fly numerous times after the first report.
=====
my own comment to this:

TA is known by the RNLAF for their poor aircraft maintain. TA is cowardous for blaming the Dutch aircraft controlers, which belong to the best of the world, TA makes loose claimes and disrepects flying.

My advise:

DONOT FLY TURKISCH AIRWAYS! THEY NEED TO LEARN TO KEEP THEIR PLANES SAFE!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comfort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1158
AoF Organisation Role : Ikariam Home Secretary
Registration date : 2007-12-14
Phoenix Grace : 4398

PostSubject: Re: TA crash Wed feb 25 @ EHAM (official RNLAF report)   Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:17 am

Yeah, it is rather sad how this plane went down. As for the Turkish Airways staff, I have no idea as I'm no really all that connected with Europe or the Middle East, lol. And something tells me that this will be made into an episode of Air Crash Investigation someday...

btw, can I ask; what is flaring?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cugix
Admin
Admin

Male
AoF Organisation Role : |AoF Executive Chairman & GC Rep||SWTOR Branch Leader/Founder|

PostSubject: Re: TA crash Wed feb 25 @ EHAM (official RNLAF report)   Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:19 am

flaring is bringing the nose up to increase the frontal surface of the plane and slowdown... tha thing u do just before touchdown

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Albert
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2007-12-05
Phoenix Grace : 4077

PostSubject: Re: TA crash Wed feb 25 @ EHAM (official RNLAF report)   Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:24 am

Sad but true. I flew once with TA long time ago and it was one of my worst flights ever had.
In addition, I never tried the Olympic Airways from Greece, but I tell you, I worked at the airport a couple of years and I couldn't belive how autoritiy guys allowed their ships to fly. Striked ships, doors that don't close, hanging parts..., amazing.
People shoud be allowed to check their flight ships before entering in them. Sometimes I think they won't enter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cugix
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: TA crash Wed feb 25 @ EHAM (official RNLAF report)   Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:03 am

why u think i became pilot instead of steward xD

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TA crash Wed feb 25 @ EHAM (official RNLAF report)   

Back to top Go down

TA crash Wed feb 25 @ EHAM (official RNLAF report)
Page 1 of 1